+ Reply to Thread
Page 1214 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 21471411141164120412121213121412151216122412641314 ... LastLast
Results 12,131 to 12,140 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Scrooge, 1951.

Although this movie is widely regarded as the best version of Charles Dickens' story, it is the only one which omits Ebenezer Scrooge's famous line: "If I could work my will, every idiot who goes about with 'Merry Christmas' on his lips should be boiled in his own pudding and buried with a stake of holly through his heart." Alastair Sim would eventually get a chance to say it, however, when he reprised his role in the animated A Christmas Carol (1971), which also featured Sir Michael Hordern returning as Jacob Marley.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail, 1975.

A 2021 tweet by Eric Idle revealed that the film was financed by eight investors: Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull's Ian Anderson, Holy Grail co-producer Michael White, Heartaches (a cricket team founded by lyricist Tim Rice), and three record companies including Charisma Records, the record label that released Python's early comedy albums. The investors contributed the entire original budget of £175,350 (about $410,000 in 1974). He added that this group also received a percentage of the proceeds from the 2005 musical Spamalot.

According to Terry Gilliam, the Pythons turned to rock stars like Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin for finance as the studios refused to fund the film and rock stars saw it as "a good tax write-off" due to the top rate of UK income tax being "as high as 90%" at the time.

quote...

Dingo : You must spank her well, and after you are done with her, you may deal with her as you like... and then... spank me.

All : And me. And me too. And me.

Dingo : Yes. Yes, you must give us all a good spanking.

Dingo : And after the spanking, the oral sex.

Galahad : Well, I could stay a bit longer...
    Last edited by struth; 13-07-2022 at 15:38.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Red, 2010...

now Red 2, 2013..

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Dark Passage, 1947...

Warner Brothers studio head Jack L. Warner was not pleased to discover that the face of one of his biggest stars, Humphrey Bogart, is not seen for the first half of the movie. By the time Warner knew this, the film was too far along to be changed.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Not right now, but last night watched "Boys from the Black Stuff" - part 4, Yosser's story. Funny and sad at the same time.

"I'm desperate father"
    "Call me Dan"
    "I'm desperate Dan."

This drama was a big deal in the 80s. Currently showing on BBC iPlayer.

Yosser's kids were played by creator Alan Bleasdale's kids. I wonder if any of it affected them.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I remember watching the series when it was first screened. Unless something is done very soon, I fear we are heading towards another depression - yet don't see anything from the current administration or from the competitors for leadership to be encouraged.
    Barry

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Not right now, but last night watched "Boys from the Black Stuff" - part 4, Yosser's story. Funny and sad at the same time.

"I'm desperate father"
    "Call me Dan"
    "I'm desperate Dan."

This drama was a big deal in the 80s. Currently showing on BBC iPlayer.

Yosser's kids were played by creator Alan Bleasdale's kids. I wonder if any of it affected them.
    I remember watching those when they were brand new. That bit where she headbutts the social worker is classic.

I think Bleasdale was too middle-class to write anything authentic though. The whole series is about how middle class think the working class live and how terrible it must be,. Not much in the way of reality, but still entertaining.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

The Long Goodbye, 1973..

Both Leigh Brackett and Robert Altman have said that Sterling Hayden and Elliot Gould''s dialogue during the drinking scenes was improvised. This was because Hayden was drunk and stoned on marijuana most of the time.

Elliott Gould smokes in every scene.

Marlowe's car was a 1948 Lincoln Continental Cabriolet that belonged to Elliott Gould. In 2013 it was in The National Automobile Museum (The Harrah Collection) in Reno, Nevada, and where it had been repainted yellow.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The Devil and Miss Jones, 1941..

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I remember watching those when they were brand new. That bit where she headbutts the social worker is classic.

I think Bleasdale was too middle-class to write anything authentic though. The whole series is about how middle class think the working class live and how terrible it must be,. Not much in the way of reality, but still entertaining.
    So were you not a regular at The Green Man? I thought I saw you drinking there in the last episode
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread