+ Reply to Thread
Page 1194 of 1487 FirstFirst ... 19469410941144118411921193119411951196120412441294 ... LastLast
Results 11,931 to 11,940 of 14864

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Night Train To Munich, 1940.. Criterion Bluray remaster...Director, Carol Reed..

A bit of a play on the lady vanishes here with some same cast..... After Germany invades Czechoslovakia, the German and the British intelligence services try to capture Czech scientist Dr. Axel Bomasch (James Harcourt), inventor of a new type of armor-plating.

Generally thought of as the first theatrical film where an actor portrayed Adolf Hitler. English music-hall star Billy Russell portrayed the German dictator in an uncredited role.

As of 2011, this movie has not been released in Germany at all.

The second of six film appearances by Charters and Caldicott (played by Basil Radford and Naunton Wayne). They first appeared in Alfred Hitchcock's "The Lady Vanishes (1938)," also written by Sidney Gilliat and Frank Launder. They later appeared in "Crook's Tour (1940)," "Millions Like Us (1943)," and "It's Not Cricket (1949)," which were also written by Gilliat and Lauder, and in "Dead of Night (1945)."

The airplane shown taking off, depicting Anna's father (James Harcourt) leaving Prague's airport, is a 1938 Lockheed 14 Super Electra, registration G-AFGN. On 8/11/39 it was on an Imperial Airways flight from London to Zurich when it developed engine trouble and caught fire. It landed in a field in France and all got out safely, but the plane was consumed by the fire. This is the same plane British Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain used to fly back to the UK from his meeting with Adolf Hitler after signing the "Munich Agreement" in 1938. Thus, this shot is most likely newsreel footage from that event.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Location: Walsall, W Midlands, (an area of the country that doesn't seem to exist) England.

I'm Loz.

WESTERN MOVIE DONE SLIGHTLY DIFFERENTLY - REALLY GOOD!!!!!
    It isn't necessarily about doing things right, its also about doing the right thing !!!!!

ITS A LONG WAY TO THE TOP........................ WHEN YA WANNA ROCK N ROLL !!!

Pioneer SA-9800, SG-9800, TX-9800, P-D70, PD-7500, TX-D1000, PL-12D, HPM-60, REL Quake.

Mission Cyrus II + PSX Transformer. Marantz CD-52 MkII Sp Edtn. Sony Mini-Disc MDS-JE530. Thorens TD-166MkII.
    Nakamichi Cassette Deck 2. Linn Index II + Ku-Stone Stands. REL Strata. Linn Interconnects throughout and Chord Flat Strand speaker cable.

Raspberry Pi / AUDIOPHONICS I-Sabre DAC ES9023 TCXO Streamer.

I'm Grant.

Notorious, 1946. Director, Alfred Hitchcock.. Criterion Bluray remaster... One of the master's greats.

After filming had ended, Cary Grant kept the famous UNICA key. A few years later he gave the key to his great friend and co-star Ingrid Bergman, saying that the key had given him luck and hoped it would do the same for her. Many years later, at a tribute to director Sir Alfred Hitchcock, Bergman went off-script and presented the key to him, to his surprise and delight.

Sir Alfred Hitchcock got the shot where Ingrid Bergman is in the background and the coffee cup is in the foreground, with both in focus, by using a giant coffee cup placed farther away than it appears.

The scene of Alicia drunkenly speeding along a South Florida road with Devlin as her passenger was shot in the studio with rear projection. The projected shots had a motorcycle cop gaining on them. As he gets closer to the car, he goes out of frame to the right, and the movie cuts to him riding next to the car, this time in the studio. Sir Alfred Hitchcock suggested to cinematographer Ted Tetzlaff that he shine light on the backs of Cary Grant's and Ingrid Bergman's necks as the projected motorcyclist moves off to their side. According to Hitchcock, Tetzlaff was irritated that Hitchcock thought of this instead of him and snapped, "Getting a bit technical, aren't you, Pop?" lol
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge, 2017..

Notcably a lot of the 'zombie sharks' anatomy was a big licence take.. ie all the bones etc, many broken etc inc a ribcage... Sharks not only don't have a rib cage, but don't have any bones at all. Still, it was to give off an effect and it worked tbh so all is forgiven.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Young Frankenstein, 1974.. Bluray remaster...

Gene Hackman learned about the film through his frequent tennis partner Gene Wilder and requested a role, because he wanted to try comedy. He volunteered to play the Blind Hermit for free. It was four days of shooting for about four minutes of running time.
    Gene Hackman ad-libbed The Blind Man's parting line "I was gonna make espresso." The scene immediately fades to black because the crew erupted into fits of laughter. Hackman was unable to repeat the line without laughing with the rest of the crew, so the first take was used. Hackman was uncredited when the movie was originally released in theaters.

In 1974 Aerosmith took a break from a long night of recording to see this film. Steven Tyler wrote the band's hit "Walk This Way" the morning after seeing the movie, inspired by Marty Feldman's first scene, the "walk this way . . . this way" scene.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

He Would Have An Enormous Schwanzstucker
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Location: Walsall, W Midlands, (an area of the country that doesn't seem to exist) England.

I'm Loz.

WICKED FILM !!!
    It isn't necessarily about doing things right, its also about doing the right thing !!!!!

ITS A LONG WAY TO THE TOP........................ WHEN YA WANNA ROCK N ROLL !!!

Pioneer SA-9800, SG-9800, TX-9800, P-D70, PD-7500, TX-D1000, PL-12D, HPM-60, REL Quake.

Mission Cyrus II + PSX Transformer. Marantz CD-52 MkII Sp Edtn. Sony Mini-Disc MDS-JE530. Thorens TD-166MkII.
    Nakamichi Cassette Deck 2. Linn Index II + Ku-Stone Stands. REL Strata. Linn Interconnects throughout and Chord Flat Strand speaker cable.

Raspberry Pi / AUDIOPHONICS I-Sabre DAC ES9023 TCXO Streamer.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

BBC version, 2015. Thought provoking. Probably the best adaption there is.
    Barry

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Flight of the Conchords, Season 2 (2 x DVD)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight...ds_(TV_series)
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Stay with Mel and Blazing Saddles. . bluray remaster.. a crackingly funny film.

(at around 45 mins) Cleavon Little was not warned about the "you know. . . . morons" line. His reaction was real.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread