+ Reply to Thread
Page 117 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 17671071151161171181191271672176171117 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    Game of Thrones is one of the best TV dramas ever made. It's up there with the reimagined Battlestar Galactica and West Wing.
    I'm persevering

BSG and WW were far easier to like instantly
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Bernie.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    Game of Thrones is one of the best TV dramas ever made. It's up there with the reimagined Battlestar Galactica and West Wing.
    I like to include The Sopranos in that list too.
    Bernie.

MartinT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Canetoad View Post
    I like to include The Sopranos in that list too.
    Yes, I can go along with that.

I'm Neil.

Invasion Earth on VHS tape. Highly intelligent scifi mini series from the late 90's that looks impressive, is well acted and has reasonably good special effects. This was a multi broadcasters effort but the BBC were the main one. Not sure why this wasn't made available on DVD in the UK it should have been.

The ending could have left it open to a continuation but there wasn't one.

I am half way through and enjoying it lots.

Regards Neil

I'm natalie.

Just been watching women on death row, big fan of criminology stuff

I'm openingabottleofwine.

O brother, Where Art Thou?

Another quirky Coen brothers' film.

Sort of "The Three Stooges" meet Homer's Odyssey!
    Barry

I'm Mike.

Default Zeitgeist Moving Forward

Well worth watching, even at over 2.5 hours

http://www.zeitgeistmovingforward.com./

Lots of ground covered and mind stretching involved
    You will agree with some ideas, not with some and be persuaded by others
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm openingabottleofwine.

‘The Bucket List’

Saw this when it first came out at the cinema. A thought provoking, funny (in a back sense of humour), bitter-sweet and sentimental, but ‘life affirming’ (if that doesn’t sound too much like an oxymoron) film about going out with a smile on your face, and knowing you have put your ‘house in order’.

It joins ‘Last Orders’ as another thought provoking and entertaining film, regarding the ‘right thing to do’ as one approaches the end of life.

Barry

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Saw The Hobbit last night . . . . mixed feelings at the moment
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Saw The Hobbit last night . . . . mixed feelings at the moment
    A little more elaboration would be good - not that I am about to drag my sorry ass to the flicks to see it but I am a bit of a Tolkein fan.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread