+ Reply to Thread
Page 116 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 16661061141151161171181261662166161116 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    I loved Azumi - go figure. The second isn't as good.
    Oh well suum cuique. Fortunately, it only cost me £1 in a charity shop.
    Barry

I'm natalie.

Independence day for about the 10th time. Sky are great at showing the same films over and over again.

Natalie

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Just watched Spielberg's "Super 8" - what a charming movie - something of The Goonies about it, crossed with ET and Close Encounters - very enjoyable and some good effects too.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Never seen that one Alex, I'll look it up.

Just about to retire for the night and continue with this;

This is the third time of watching the complete series and I'm half way through Season Two at the moment. I never tire of this, some of the best screen-writing ever produced by Aaron Sorkin, absolute class. Shame he left it after S4, but its still excellent.
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

synsei Guest

I've just spent the last week working my way through Prime Suspect from beginning to end, that is quite a few hours of excellent TV

MartinT Guest

Lincoln

Fascinating account of Lincoln's final few months and his fight to secure the 13th amendment abolishing slavery. Lots of talking and a real lesson in American history although I felt like I should have had a primer before going to watch it.

Epic performance by Daniel Day Lewis, who looks uncannily like Lincoln and becomes him in every way, totally convincing. As if that isn't enough, he is outdone by Tommy Lee Jones who summons up the performance of his life as Thaddeus Stevens, the man who wants complete equality for blacks in every way but has to settle for equality in law only.

It's a long film but recommended.

I'm Jerry.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before but I started watching Game of Thrones last night as my son has been nagging me to watch it for ages.
    For a TV series it's impressive-must have cost a fortune to make and it's got some good baddies if you know what I mean.
    Only thing is the sex scenes are a bit graphic-lots of doggy style action, very embarrassing with your family watching it as well!
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
    Sorry if this has been mentioned before but I started watching Game of Thrones last night as my son has been nagging me to watch it for ages.
    For a TV series it's impressive-must have cost a fortune to make and it's got some good baddies if you know what I mean.
    Only thing is the sex scenes are a bit graphic-lots of doggy style action, very embarrassing with your family watching it as well!
    Watched episode 2 last night
    It's got to go some to keep me watching
    Surprising as I have only heard good and excellent about it
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

MartinT Guest

Game of Thrones is one of the best TV dramas ever made. It's up there with the reimagined Battlestar Galactica and West Wing.

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    Game of Thrones is one of the best TV dramas ever made. It's up there with the reimagined Battlestar Galactica and West Wing.
    By far, my three favourite TV shows ever.

+ Reply to Thread