+ Reply to Thread
Page 1115 of 1488 FirstFirst ... 11561510151065110511131114111511161117112511651215 ... LastLast
Results 11,141 to 11,150 of 14871

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Frozen Planet, 2011. David Attenborough. HD STREAM.

superb..
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Madagascar, 2011.

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Blackadder 2..1986.

The only location shooting for this season was the courting scene in Blackadder II: Bells (1986) and the closing credit scenes; these scenes were shot over a couple of consecutive days in the gardens of Wilton House, Wiltshire. The rest of the season was shot on the filming stage, using a couple of standard sets (Blackadder's house and the Queen's court) and a couple of sets that would be built for each episode.

The series was the originator of Baldrick's obsession with the turnip; this arose from a botanical error on the part of Ben Elton, who confused the vegetable with the "amusingly shaped" parsnip
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Dynasties, 2018.. ep4.. Painted Wolves.. superp animals these..

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Murder She Said, 1961. Stars Margaret Rutherford as Miss Marple.

Despite privately remaining unimpressed by this movie, Dame Agatha Christie dedicated her 1962 book "The Mirror Crack'd From Side to Side" to Dame Margaret Rutherford, "in admiration".
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Seven Worlds, One Planet, 2019. Over 1,500 people worked on the series, which was filmed over 1,794 days, with 92 shoots across 41 countries. Sir David Attenborough narrates...

The series took 4 years to film with over 2000 hours of filming over 7 continents and in over 40 countries
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Close Encounters Of The Third Kind, 1998 version.. Directors cut uhd.

Douglas Trumbull achieved the dramatic cloud effects by filling a tank half full of salt water with lighter fresh water on top, then injecting paint into the top layer. The paint billowed through the fresh water but flattened out at the top of the heavier salt water, creating the effect we see on screen.

The little boy, Cary Guffey's performances were so good that they only had to do one or two takes of each shot he was in. He became known as "One-Take Cary" on the set, and director Steven Spielberg had a T-shirt printed up for him with the phrase written on it.

The words that the crowd in India chants are "Aaya Re! Aaya," which means "He has come" in Hindi.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Close Encounters Of The Third Kind, 1998 version..
    Loved that film. Not seen it for many years.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Loved that film. Not seen it for many years.
    yes its fabulous. well ahead of its time..deyfreus chased speilberg from time he heard of it when making jaws about being in it..
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Saw that at the cinema when it came out. Was in the front row as they were the only seats left. That was back when cinemas were massive too.

Thought it was a bit long and a bit boring but I was only nine and didn't get some aspects of it that I appreciated later. My mother judged it to be 'An absolute load of rubbish', which was her default critique for every film ever made except 'A Christmas Carol' (the one with Alistair Sim as Scrooge) and anything with Jack Lemmon in it.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread