+ Reply to Thread
Page 111 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 11611011091101111121131211612116111111 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Spot on Mike, that's mostly my dislike for it too, seems to be something creeping into UK drama. I thought Hunted was totally OTT when it came to *acting*.
    Its a longtime since we have produced anything of the calibre of Wallander, The Wire, The Killing, The West Wing, Borgen or The Sopranos. I have yet to see Breaking Bad, but I understand that's exceptional too.

Never mind, at least we have music and I reckon it won't be too long before I ditch the TV altogether
    Hunted passed me by, vaguely remember hearing of it.
    West Wing was superb. Never attracted to the idea of The Sopranos.
    Breaking Bad looks like it could be good, especially with all those awards
    Don't want to read too much as I could spoil it for myself.

Add Justified to that top end as well. Love the characters, acting, production and probably everything
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMusic View Post
    Add Justified to that top end as well.
    Forgot that one, I have only seen Series 1 & 2, have 3 recorded, but I agree, great show and some really good music too (if you like Americana).
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Mike.

Forgot that one, I have only seen Series 1 & 2, have 3 recorded, but I agree, great show and some really good music too (if you like Americana).
    Series 3 more or less maintains previous.
    Music was ok. Didn't recognise any music. Nothing annoyed or offended me though as it usually does.
    Investigated the guys that did the title music. IMO that was all there was and that track fleshed out to so so

Seems to borrow a lot from the US South traditional defence in court
    "why did you kill Mr.Smith ?"

"cos he needed killin' "

Case dismissed, release the defendant
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Didn't recognise any music.
    Nothing mainstream there, but too acts that spring to mind as they are favorites are Otis Taylor and Gillian Welch, but if you are not into Americana, its not something most will recognize. I think I'll start watching it over the holidays

(did you see what I did there )

I'm Mike.

Nothing mainstream there, but too acts that spring to mind as they are favorites are Otis Taylor and Gillian Welch, but if you are not into Americana, its not something most will recognize. I think I'll start watching it over the holidays

(did you see what I did there )
    Think I did toooo

I'm so used to working my way through Sally's awful lazyo's (typos she can't be arsed about) I didn't see it first time
    <samples>
    Otis Taylor - hmm, that's ok - at least, maybe worth a punt
    Gillian Welch - ok, but not for me

Mike

I'm Mike.

Default Borgen

Liked the 1st series. The 2nd looks even better.
    You can catch the beginning on TV tonight or tomorrow I think or BBC iPlayer.

Like The West Wing with a very Danish twist.

Mike

I'm Steve.

I have just started watching the Sopranos (wife got the whole lot for me for christmas) and i am hooked! Don't know how i missed this the first time round!
    I have also stated watching American Horror Story: Asylum that is one WEIRD program... not sure if i will keep watching. The other thing well worth watching for both the visual and sound is the BBC's Africa.
    Amplifier:
    Sony DA-2400ES
    Sources:
    Technics SL-PG490 CD Player
    Pioneer N-50 - Network Streamer
    Sony MDS-JB940 Mini Disc Player
    Sony BDP-S360 BLU RAY
    SKY HD 1tb Box
    Speakers:
    Paradigm Monitor 7 Monitors
    Paradigm Centre
    Mordaunt Short Rears
    Cables:
    Tellurium Blue speaker cables with bridges
    and terminated with Z plugs
    Black Rhodium twist.

I'm John.

Hunted passed me by, vaguely remember hearing of it.
    West Wing was superb. Never attracted to the idea of The Sopranos.
    Breaking Bad looks like it could be good, especially with all those awards
    Don't want to read too much as I could spoil it for myself.

Add Justified to that top end as well. Love the characters, acting, production and probably everything
    I can’t recommend Breaking Bad highly enough; by far the best of the main US TV recommendations imo.
    Single spur balanced Mains. Self built music server with 3 seperate linear PSU, Intel i5, 16 GB RAM no hard drive (various Linux OS). Benchmark Dac2 HGC, single ended XLR interconnects/Belkin cable. Exposure 21RC Pre, Super 18 Power (recap & modified). Modded World Audio HD83 HP amp. Hand built Monitors with external crossovers , Volt 250 bass & ABR, Scanspeak 13M8621 Mid & Scanspeak D2905/9300 Hi. HD595 & Beyer 880 (600 ohm) cans.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
    -Bertrand Russel

John.

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by Welder View Post
    I can’t recommend Breaking Bad highly enough; by far the best of the main US TV recommendations imo.
    +1 with bells on, bloody big ones

I'm Ben.

+1 with bells on, bloody big ones
    Yeah breaking bad is very good, it actually gets better as it progresses to.

The soprano's is probably my all time fav tv series, however I'm also liking Game of Thrones at the moment too.
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Firebottle modded Tron Convergence Phono Stage,
    Bluesound Node 2i, Technics SL DZ 1200 CD
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

+ Reply to Thread