+ Reply to Thread
Page 110 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 10601001081091101111121201602106101110 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

MartinT Guest

I loved their willingness to kill off just about any of the cast at zero notice. It made it much more edge-of-seat than the Star Trek idea of stability unless you were the sap wearing the red shirt.

There are quite a few of us at work that mourn the loss of Spooks. Hunted was ok, and Melissa George is always watchable, but it didn't work as a replacement.

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

I really disliked Spooks Martin, but I know that's more down to me and what I know - my best mate loves it and we agree about most other things.
    Melissa George . . . . I wanted to punch her lights out in Hunted - dreadful actress, truly shocking (IMHO )

I thought Hunted was one of the worst things the Beeb have put on in a while when it comes to a crime drama. It promised a lot and even started out with a half decent plot, but the execution was pitifully poor.... again IMHO

Still, horses for courses I guess, just like music
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

MartinT Guest

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. MG is, in my opinion, a great actress as well as utterly gorgeous. From way back in Alias she made an impact, and her performance as the damaged patient in love with her therapist in In Treatment was very convincing. More recently, I thought the film A Lonely Place to Die was well done and really quite a grippy thriller, if improbable. She carried her part off well.

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    A Lonely Place to Die
    That's a new one on me Martin, in fact I've never even heard of it - I'll give it a go, never say never .... does she pout all the way through with those dreadful botox lips?

EDIT:
    A Lonely Place to Die just added to my Lovefilm list
    Last edited by Tim; 23-12-2012 at 22:04. Reason: Added info

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    They're aren't any Mike, The Shadow Line came close, Hunted that was just on was shockingly bad. Nothing really springs to mind, the first Prime Suspect series were good I guess, the first Luther was OK but lost its way in the second series. We seem to have fallen behind when it comes to good drama and are drowning in a sea of mediocrity, poor acting and clichéd predictable story-lines. It seems these days that anything good is subtitled - and as for the BBC and what they do with our money
    S'funny. I never even thought of watching them. Could be some sort of weird inverted racism !

I try to forget that embarrassing BBC scifi series on another planet as earth was dying I think.
    And yet so many English actors are in the US doing very well. The Wire comes to mind.
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Mike.

Spooks was excellent. I really miss it.
    Watched a couple. Didn't like it.
    There was too much *acting* by *actors* for me
    Sally loves it and so does her son Dan who knows a bit about 'that sort of thing'
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Mike.

Default The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

Was expecting I could just about bear this and was very pleasantly surprised.

A really nice story with lots of threads from the different people involved all with a useful back stories
    I have put up with Bill Nighy before now and avoided where possible. In this film he is fine, likeable even.

Stereotyping down to a minimum. A pleasant time spent

Mike

MartinT Guest

Yes, it was fun if a little lacking in ultimate depth. Good holiday film, but I would have been disappointed if I had gone to the cinema to see it.

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMusic View Post
    . . . too much *acting* by *actors* for me
    Spot on Mike, that's mostly my dislike for it too, seems to be something creeping into UK drama. I thought Hunted was totally OTT when it came to *acting*.
    Its a longtime since we have produced anything of the calibre of Wallander, The Wire, The Killing, The West Wing, Borgen or The Sopranos. I have yet to see Breaking Bad, but I understand that's exceptional too.

Never mind, at least we have music and I reckon it won't be too long before I ditch the TV altogether

I'm Mike.

Yes, it was fun if a little lacking in ultimate depth. Good holiday film, but I would have been disappointed if I had gone to the cinema to see it.
    Me too. I turned down going to the flicks to see The Hobbitt as I have more pressing matters to attend to. Sally said it was wonderful and I bet it is.
    Can wait until it's on TV. Might even have a bigger screen by then

Mike

+ Reply to Thread