+ Reply to Thread
Page 109 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 959991071081091101111191592096091109 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by synsei View Post
    Seeing as the world was supposed to end yesterday (still here? ), on Thursday evening I thought I'd get myself into the mood by watching Damnation Alley. Yes it's a 'B' movie and yes, it is very cheesy with lots of dodgy special effects and an entire forest of wooden actors but I love it. Best of all are the superb score by Jerry Goldsmith (I'm a big fan) and the truck! Man I love that truck... Can I have one for Christmas???
    You can buy one of these now
    http://www.amphibiousvehicle.net/amp...l/stally8.jpeg
    Last edited by MartinT; 22-12-2012 at 10:18. Reason: Fixed broken quote
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

MartinT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by synsei View Post
    Damnation Alley
    It's a long time since I saw it but I seem to remember the sky was rather ominous throughout.

I'm Mike.

Default Person of Interest. Well worth the watch

Back on Channel 5 starting with the Pilot, 24th I think so you can make up your mind then - but you have to be quick as it is quickly followed by a torrent of episodes from S1 to set us up for S2 in Jan

Well worth watching IMO. One of the best offerings around ATM

Episodes can vary from 'ok' to rivetting

Very good take on modern society with cameras and computers everywhere, perhaps it is already happening or will do soon

Careful doing research as you will spoil a lot of story lines and plots. I already stumbled on a lot of what happens in S2.
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

MartinT Guest

Thanks, Mike. It's on 5 USA starting on Monday at 21:00 with the pilot. I've set the series to record

I'm Nobody.

Gerry Anderson's UFO session this afters
    Last edited by Rare Bird; 25-12-2012 at 16:45.

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMusic View Post
    Very dark and leads you up, down and around the garden path - as you would expect
    Enjoy
    The Killing III - absolutely brilliant - outstanding in every way.

Not sure if I think its the best of the Trilogy as I'm just going to watch the final hour right now, so its hard to tell at the moment, but it has me gripped and I still haven't worked it all out which shows how good the plot is. Why can't we produce drama like this

I know one thing though, I'm going to order the Blu-ray boxset so I can watch the whole lot again

"People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    The Killing III - absolutely brilliant - outstanding in every way.

Not sure if I think its the best of the Trilogy as I'm just going to watch the final hour right now, so its hard to tell at the moment, but it has me gripped and I still haven't worked it all out which shows how good the plot is. Why can't we produce drama like this
    Difficult to compare with s1 as it was such a new experience. We're getting used to the sort of pattern now. All 3 are worth watching thought for sure.
    Trying to think of similar UK progs.................... nope

Mike

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMusic View Post
    Trying to think of similar UK progs.................... nope
    They're aren't any Mike, The Shadow Line came close, Hunted that was just on was shockingly bad. Nothing really springs to mind, the first Prime Suspect series were good I guess, the first Luther was OK but lost its way in the second series. We seem to have fallen behind when it comes to good drama and are drowning in a sea of mediocrity, poor acting and clichéd predictable story-lines. It seems these days that anything good is subtitled - and as for the BBC and what they do with our money

MartinT Guest

Spooks was excellent. I really miss it.

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    Spooks

+ Reply to Thread