+ Reply to Thread
Page 107 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 757971051061071081091171572076071107 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Serenity on ITV1 HD, seen it before but had forgotten how good it was (avoid having a pilot who was the pirate off 'dodgeball' though)
    Very well worth getting hold of Firefly on DVD, the series that Serenity came from
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMusic View Post
    Very well worth getting hold of Firefly on DVD, the series that Serenity came from
    It's also available on blu ray for those with BD players
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

Time for a bit of a cult classic, Hardware

I haven't seen this in many a year, hopefully it'll be fun

See you all tomorrow
    Bests, Mark

I'm openingabottleofwine.

The Golden Compass

The film of the first volume of the Philip Pullman trilogy. Having read the book, I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. The necessary CGI is convincing and generally the filmmakers make a pretty good fist of it.

Unfortunately it is only Part I of the trilogy, so apart from a desultory hint of what is to happen, the ending is obviously left ‘in the air’.
    Barry

MartinT Guest

Default Argo

Superb political thriller, based on events in the early 1980s when the American Embassy was stormed by Iranians and six Americans escaped to hide in the Canadian Ambassador's home. This is the story of the plan to break them out of the country. Very edge-of-the-seat gripping drama, with two outstanding sections in the bazaar and at the airport. Brilliantly performed and it's definitely a contender for film of the year.

In Sony 8k digital.

I'm Steve.

Default Firefly / Serenity

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMusic View Post
    Having just acquired an OPPO 103 I've changed from Lovefilm via a PS3 to Netflicks. Just watched and thoroughly enjoyed the Firefly series, never heard of it before. Serenity has just gone on the Xmas Wish List, never heard of that either and well chuffed to have a bit more.

The quality of Netflicks (Firefly was in HD) is far superior to Lovefilm. A few titles such as Saving Private Ryan are only in HD stereo, 2012 is an inferior quality 5.1 -but the animation '9' in both picture and 5.1 sound is absolutely stunning and demonstration quality.
    Steve & Valerie

www.electricbeachaudio.com

If you think you know the answer already, you're not really searching

A plastic box, some glass bottles, two metal tins and some lengths of string

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by electric beach View Post
    Having just acquired an OPPO 103 I've changed from Lovefilm via a PS3 to Netflicks. Just watched and thoroughly enjoyed the Firefly series, never heard of it before. Serenity has just gone on the Xmas Wish List, never heard of that either and well chuffed to have a bit more.

The quality of Netflicks (Firefly was in HD) is far superior to Lovefilm. A few titles such as Saving Private Ryan are only in HD stereo, 2012 is an inferior quality 5.1 -but the animation '9' in both picture and 5.1 sound is absolutely stunning and demonstration quality.
    Haven't watched the DVD for ages. All and any watching has been via the Tivo
    Be an idea to watch a film this weekend to see what has happened to the sound with the Ultimates doing their bit in the system

That Oppo has some spec !
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

Film time I'm pretty sure that the last time I saw this film it was spinning on a Panasonic BD player, it'll be interesting to see what it looks like now on an Oppo... I know it'll sound a whole lot better with the proper DTS-MA decoding

Surrogates

I feel pretty sure that Barry mentioned this film a while back, it's probably better than you'd expect

See you all soon
    Bests, Mark

MartinT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Reid Malenfant View Post
    Surrogates
    Good film, Mark.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Reid Malenfant View Post
    Film time I'm pretty sure that the last time I saw this film it was spinning on a Panasonic BD player, it'll be interesting to see what it looks like now on an Oppo... I know it'll sound a whole lot better with the proper DTS-MA decoding

Surrogates

I feel pretty sure that Barry mentioned this film a while back, it's probably better than you'd expect

See you all soon
    Yes I did -and thoroughly enjoyed it. Sci-fi in a 'Philip K. Dick' sort of way.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread