+ Reply to Thread
Page 1067 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 675679671017105710651066106710681069107711171167 ... LastLast
Results 10,661 to 10,670 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

The Outlaw Josey Wales, 1976. Stars Clint Eastwood and co stars Chief Dan George, Sondra Locke, Sam Bottoms, and Geraldine Keams.

The Outlaw Josey Wales was inspired by a 1972 novel by supposedly-Cherokee writer Forrest Carter, alias of former KKK Leader and segregationist speech writer of George Wallace, Asa Earl Carter, an identity that would be exposed in part due to the success of the film, and was originally titled The Rebel Outlaw: Josey Wales and later retitled Gone to Texas.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Two Mules for Sister Sara, 1970. directed by Don Siegel and starring Shirley MacLaine and Clint Eastwood.

The film was shot over 65 days in Mexico and cost around $4 million. Many of the cast and crew, including MacLaine, were stricken by illness while filming, due to having to adjust to the food and water in Mexico.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Tremors, 1990. western-themed monster horror comedy film directed by Ron Underwood, and stars Kevin Bacon, Fred Ward, Finn Carter, Michael Gross, and Reba McEntire.

In 2019, Kevin Bacon hinted that Tremors only made "a fifth of what the charts at Universal said it would." Its creators blamed the subpar theatrical performance on its marketing campaign; S. S. Wilson felt that the film was not well promoted once its release date was delayed, while Brent Maddock stated the theatrical trailer was "cringeworthy" and likely deterred audiences.

Tremors was hailed by critics for its diverse cast and humor. As of September 2020 the film holds a "certified fresh" rating of 86% at the review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes, based on 44 reviews and an average score of 7.17 out of 10, with the consensus: "An affectionate throwback to 1950s creature features, Tremors reinvigorates its genre tropes with a finely balanced combination of horror and humor.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Two Mules for Sister Sara, 1970. directed by Don Siegel and starring Shirley MacLaine and Clint Eastwood.

The film was shot over 65 days in Mexico and cost around $4 million. Many of the cast and crew, including MacLaine, were stricken by illness while filming, due to having to adjust to the food and water in Mexico.
    Good film!
    Barry

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Tremors, 1990. western-themed monster horror comedy film directed by Ron Underwood, and stars Kevin Bacon, Fred Ward, Finn Carter, Michael Gross, and Reba McEntire.

In 2019, Kevin Bacon hinted that Tremors only made "a fifth of what the charts at Universal said it would." Its creators blamed the subpar theatrical performance on its marketing campaign; S. S. Wilson felt that the film was not well promoted once its release date was delayed, while Brent Maddock stated the theatrical trailer was "cringeworthy" and likely deterred audiences.

Tremors was hailed by critics for its diverse cast and humour. As of September 2020 the film holds a "certified fresh" rating of 86% at the review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes, based on 44 reviews and an average score of 7.17 out of 10, with the consensus: "An affectionate throwback to 1950s creature features, Tremors reinvigorates its genre tropes with a finely balanced combination of horror and humour.
    I've seen it a couple of times - but it didn't have such an effect on me as it seems to do with others.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    i've seen it a couple of times - but it didn't have such an effect on me as it seems to do with others.
    lol.. Yes ive heard a few folk just not getting it. Its one of few films of that age and style i do get.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Murder by Decree, 1979. directed by Bob Clark, and stars Christopher Plummer, who plays Holmes and James Mason who plays Watson.

Faired badly at the box office but was generally liked by critics.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Rio Lobo, 1970. directed by Howard Hawks and starring John Wayne.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Jason Bourne, 2016. directed by Paul Greengrass and stars Matt Damon and Tommy Lee Jones.

ason Bourne became a commercial success, with a modest budget compared to its final gross. The film grossed $162.4 million in the United States and Canada and $253.1 million in other countries for a worldwide total of $415.5 million, against a production budget of $120 million.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, 2007. some fun now with the pirates.. This is the third in series.

For a Budget of $300 million, it grossed $960.9 million at Box office. easy money eh?
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread