+ Reply to Thread
Page 106 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 656961041051061071081161562066061106 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

MartinT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMusic View Post
    I've been persuaded to watch today's race by the tree surgeon that was working to clear big poplar from our road today.
    Don't think it can be that good, but I'll give it a go
    And...? Fantastic race, or what?

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    Mike, never listen to anyone who works with trees. They're not to be trusted - lying bastards the lot of 'em!

I think I know who you mean
    This guy looked trustworthy and had responded to a call from a neighbour early Sunday am to remove one of my ex Poplars from across the road.

I watched the F1
    Found it intermittently boring, annoying and slightly interesting. Overlong for sure.
    I can see why the commentators on the Beeb for MotoGp keep their jobs now.
    The F1 guy is worse. Had to turn the sound down. All the excitement of Toby Moody's voice, Eurosport but with nothing else
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

MartinT Guest

I can see why the commentators on the Beeb for MotoGp keep their jobs now.
    The F1 guy is worse. Had to turn the sound down. All the excitement of Toby Moody's voice, Eurosport but with nothing else
    Ah yes, it's the Sky F1 broadcast you needed, with Martin Brundle and Crofty commentating.

I'm ChrisB.

I think I know who you mean
    I was kidding a bit Mike - take a look at my avatar - it refers to my profession!

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    And...? Fantastic race, or what?
    First one I have seen for a couple of years. First one I tried to watch for some years. I whizzed through quite large chunks
    I assume F1 has changed a lot. The tyres ? my tree surgeon friend indicated
    Certainly not the usual high speed procession I expected
    The cars or drivers often seemed out of control, maybe the wet track or are there drivers in there that ought not to be ? Senna's son, the Japanese guy and some others
    Reminded me of UK stock car racing with all the crashes and part lottery. That's a lot more cars than I remember
    Vettell was so lucky to stay in the race. Hamilton so unlucky to be taken out by what I assume is an idiot
    The commentator was awful
    And the season finished behind a safety car...
    I whinged a bit about some of the MotoGp races this year but F1, for me, lags behind that. Perhaps the bikes add another dimension with the 2 wheels.
    The most exciting motor sport of the year came from Moto2 and Moto3.
    Just could not get excited by F1.
    I used to watch it for many years.
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    I was kidding a bit Mike - take a look at my avatar - it refers to my profession!
    Oh really !

Sorry didn't cotton on.
    Round our way there are tree surgeons and 'tree surgeons' who are members of the travelling bunch. Not my favourite people

Mike

I'm Mike.

Ah yes, it's the Sky F1 broadcast you needed, with Martin Brundle and Crofty commentating.
    Think the last time I watched he was doing it with Murray Walker, possibly in the box or maybe just on the grid
    Best was James Hunt when he could get a word in

Mike

MartinT Guest

The cars or drivers often seemed out of control, maybe the wet track or are there drivers in there that ought not to be ?
    Imagine your Saab with about 5 times its power. Now reduce its weight to about a quarter. Now add a throttle pedal that is almost on/off in action. Now replace your tyres for ones with no tread. Now add water to the road.

See the problem?

I'm Mike.

Imagine your Saab with about 5 times its power. Now reduce its weight to about a quarter. Now add a throttle pedal that is almost on/off in action. Now replace your tyres for ones with no tread. Now add water to the road.

See the problem?
    I know these things are like nothing I know !
    Got a clue when Richard Hammond kept stalling the F1 car he tried
    Seemed to be a lot more accidents and off track excursions than I remember
    Not having seen any F1 for a long time this could be an odd one
    Perhaps I have to overcome the memory of too many boring races over the many years.
    If MotoGp didn't have Moto2 and Moto3 as supports I could skip that too.
    Next year may improve - or not
    Puzzles me that MotoGp keeps going on about lack of money and there are so many F1 teams which must cost way more to run

Mike

I'm sorted.

Serenity on ITV1 HD, seen it before but had forgotten how good it was (avoid having a pilot who was the pirate off 'dodgeball' though)

+ Reply to Thread