+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 252921001011021031041121522026021102 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Ooh top drawer - a film to put hairs on yer chest, that one. De Niro is the baddy but you are rooting for him by the end - well I am anyway
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Bernie.

The gun battle outside the bank sounds great using surround sound! Gunfire coming from all angles and directions.
    Bernie.

I'm Mike.

Good sound track album too
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Ooh top drawer - a film to put hairs on yer chest, that one. De Niro is the baddy but you are rooting for him by the end - well I am anyway
    Yes, Pacino's character's not that likeable although De Niro does seem to enjoy shooting people in the face

I'm Martin.

Thinking about it quite a few films are based around the idea of a gangster who decides to give it all up and ride off into the sunset with the girl, only to have it all go tits up - as well as Heat there is also Carlito's way and Menace 2 Society off the top of my head.
    Current Lash Up:

MartinT Guest

Top class, top quality 10/10 film that puts characterisation first but still manages to feature some stunning action sequences. Excellent performances by the whole cast. This is what good films are all about.

An evening with Any Williams now on BBC4.

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

HEAT is one of my top 10 films of all time - an absolute classic
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Steve.

Prometheus.....hated it in the cinema...bought the 3d blu just cos I bought a new telly......enjoying the movie better second time around....ish!
    Steve

Never let anything cause you to doubt your ability to demonstrate the truth.

I'm Martin.

The old, original Flash Gordon serial from the 1930s - available complete on u-tube and the sound and picture are of acceptable quality even on a 50'' screen. last time I saw this was 1979 when they showed it on BBC2 at tea-time. Brillliant stuff, still totally watchable and my god Jean Rogers (Dale Arden) was fit. Don't recall noticing that back in '79
    Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread