+ Reply to Thread
Page 904 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 40480485489490290390490590691495410041404 ... LastLast
Results 9,031 to 9,040 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Chato's Land, 1972, Directed by Michael Winner, starring Charles Bronson and Jack Palance. Violent western ...

Not everyone's cuppa violence, but its 70's Vietnam allegory is plain enough. bad white man cruelly attack natives; get their cumuppance.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Lawrence.

You can't beat a Charles Bronson/Micheal Winner film. Top marks for totally unnecessary gratuitous violence (outside of video nasties) has to be Death Wish 2 where a gang of thugs break in to his house, rape and murder his housekeeper, kidnap and rape his dumb daughter (who's been like that since her experience in the last film IIRC) so she jumps out of the high window and is impaled on the spiked railings outside.

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

The Stranger, 1946. Directed by and starring Orson Welles, with Edward G. Robinson and Loretta Young

Welles went out on a financial and creative limb to make film, and much to surprise of his detractors did a great job... film was a success.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

good film that. not seen it before tmk. a spot of red dwarf to finish now..
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Nashville, 1975. Directed by Robert Altman. Stars an ensemble cast of David Arkin, Barbara Baxley, Ned Beatty, Karen Black, Ronee Blakley, Timothy Brown, Keith Carradine, Geraldine Chaplin, Robert DoQui, Shelley Duvall, Allen Garfield, Henry Gibson, Scott Glenn and Jeff Goldblum among others.

Film was mostly well recieved except in country music circles.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Saw it years ago - but it couldn't have made much of an impression on me as I remember very little about it. Unusual for a Robert Altman film.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Saw it years ago - but it couldn't have made much of an impression on me as I remember very little about it. Unusual for a Robert Altman film.
    its an interesting, if overlong film.. not great by any means unless your maybe on fringes of nashville scene. worth maybe one watch. that was mine. cant win them all, but it had its moments
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Big Jake, 1971. Directed by George Sherman(his final film).. Starring John Wayne, Richard Boone, Maureen O'Hara, Patrick Wayne , Chris Mitchum and Bruce Cabot.

Decent western overall, and quite enjoyable although perhaps a bit more violent and slowish at times than your usual Wayne efforts.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The Final Countdown, 1980. Directed by Don Taylor and stars Kirk Douglas, Martin Sheen, James Farentino, Katharine Ross and Charles Durning.

Film earned mixed reviews but made a profit.. Was a 'golden boy' film for the US Navy, who used in in recruiting posters etc. I enjoy this film, but cant help feeling it could have been so much better too.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Haven't heard of the film Grant. Is it sci-fi?
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread