+ Reply to Thread
Page 749 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 2496496997397477487497507517597998491249 ... LastLast
Results 7,481 to 7,490 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Morn View Post
    Fabulous film, one of my favourites.
    Mine to but try as I might I’ve never spotted the busty girl featured in the poster in it

I'm Grant.

Nineteen Eighty-Four. 1984.. stars John Hurt and Richard Burton. written and directed by Michael Radford, based upon George Orwell's novel of the same name.
    It was intended to be filmed in B&W but backers Virgin said no, so Roger Deakins used a film processing technique called bleach bypass to give a washed out feel.

Oh, Burton insisted on his boilersuit being tailored in Savile row

"Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past."
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Carry on Jack 1964. Juliet Mills and Bernard Cribbins join the cast usual.

Juliet was rather tidy when young
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    dr terror's house of horrors 1965 stars Christopher lee and Peter Cushing

has an early outing from Donald Sutherland too
    Is that Alan ('Fluff') Freeman? I've seen the film, but I don't remember which story he appeared in.
    Barry

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Nineteen Eighty-Four. 1984.. stars John Hurt and Richard Burton. written and directed by Michael Radford, based upon George Orwell's novel of the same name.
    It was intended to be filmed in B&W but backers Virgin said no, so Roger Deakins used a film processing technique called bleach bypass to give a washed out feel.

Oh, Burton insisted on his boilersuit being tailored in Savile row

"Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past."
    An excellent film!
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Is that Alan ('Fluff') Freeman? I've seen the film, but I don't remember which story he appeared in.
    Yup fluff was In one of the acts.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Andre.

He was a Big ELP fan

I'm sorted.

Fluff's Saturday afternoon rock show introduced me to a lot of bands

I'm Grant.

Robinson Crusoe On Mars. 1964.

Classic sifi this directed by Byron Haskin. Think Daniel Defoe wrote it

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Andre.

Daniel Defo wrote Robinson crusoe.. Doubt he would have known about Mars bit

+ Reply to Thread