+ Reply to Thread
Page 990 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 490890940980988989990991992100010401090 ... LastLast
Results 9,891 to 9,900 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

The Kino Lorber 2k bluray of the 1974 The Front Page Directed by Billy Wilder and stars Jack Lemmon, Walter Matthau and Susan Sarandon. I watched this recently and decided to pick up a good bluray version. this is USA Region A locked so playing on my oppo which i have set for such, as i have a few reg a's..

Arriving on Blu-ray in North America for the first time, The Front Page is presented with a 1080p MPEG-4 AVC encoded high definition presentation in the original theatrical aspect ratio of 2.35:1 widescreen. Kino Lorber has given the film a generally strong presentation with the source video available. Although it is apparent that the film utilizes a dated master (and is not a fresh scan) it's remarkably clean, clear, and proficient in giving the film a high-definition boost. Scratches and dirt don't ail the print and the appearance of the cinematography is naturally filmic without detriments like DNR. This presentation is one which fully preserves the 35 mm Technicolor image well. While it may have looked somewhat better with a 4K scan, it's nice to see the visual improvements this Blu-ray does offer viewers.
    The film is presented with a lossless DTS-HD Master Audio mono audio soundtrack. This is certainly an impressive sound presentation that has excellent clarity and detail throughout. The dialogue is always clear and easy to understand. The music accompanying the film sounds clear, bright, and impressive. While the film might lack something in the way of bass production and sound-effects throughout the film are minimally used, The Front Page ultimately sounds fine for a film of its age.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

I like Matthau and Lemmon and like them even better together but I didn't really rate The Front Page so much.

What's that one called where Matthau is a hit man and he gets stuck with Lemmon and they go all over the country? Not seen that in years but I remember it as being brilliant.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I like Matthau and Lemmon and like them even better together but I didn't really rate The Front Page so much.

What's that one called where Matthau is a hit man and he gets stuck with Lemmon and they go all over the country? Not seen that in years but I remember it as being brilliant.
    buddy, buddy i think it was called
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    buddy, buddy i think it was called
    That's the one thanks.

Must order the DVD, I think I saw it about twenty years ago now and not seen it come on the telly since then.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    That's the one thanks.

Must order the DVD, I think I saw it about twenty years ago now and not seen it come on the telly since then.
    it was put out in eu so you should get a copy via amazon. no uk or us edition tmk
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

£14 on Amazon so that's not happening. £14 for a DVD? Must be out of their tiny minds.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

i ee that.. yup you'd need to really need it. a bluray yes but not a dvd that isnt even english
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, 2017. aka Salazar's Revenge

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Some light animation now with Hotel Transylvania, 2012. It stars the voices of Adam Sandler, Andy Samberg, Selena Gomez, Kevin James, Fran Drescher, Steve Buscemi, Molly Shannon, David Spade and CeeLo Green.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

A Bronx Tale, 1993. stars Robert De Niro, who also directs and Chazz Palminteri.

De Niro's directorial debut and a excellent film which didnt do as well in the box office as it should have alas.
    This is the Bluray edition.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread