+ Reply to Thread
Page 622 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 1225225726126206216226236246326727221122 ... LastLast
Results 6,211 to 6,220 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Blackadder 4
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Just watching Jesse Stone 'Night Passage' with Tom Selleck once again. Beautifully made movie, quite dark and atmospheric with some crafty plot twists. Great stuff!

It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

blackadder 2
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Hear no Evil, See no Evil 1989
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Thunderball (1964)

Not my favourite Bond by a long way although until Skyfall it was the highest grossing Bond film ever (adjusted for inflation). Does have some great moments, especially the fight scene in the teaser before the opening credits. This was back when Bond didn't have martial arts skills to rival Bruce Lee so he had to work hard if he wanted to kill a man with his bare hands. Much more realistic.

One thing I always find funny is the sequence in the health spa where the baddie catches Bond strapped to the stretching machine and turns it up full to try to kill him. Why would a health spa have a stretching machine that can be set to 'kill' speed? There's even a red 'danger zone' on the dial!

They do the same in Moonraker when he is in the G force machine. Why would it have a setting that is so fast that it would kill the man being tested?

On the other hand it's nonsense like this that is one of the reasons I love Bond films.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Sunday Matinee is The Running Man 1987, stars big Arnie....

my amazon library
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Watched that the other week. It's entertaining enough.

Also watched a recent one with Arnie where he is the sheriff in a small town, think it was called Last Stand or something similar. Not a bad film. He's not done many bad ones really. Except True Lies and Terminator 2. They sucked.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

You're kidding! I thought T2 was the daddy
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

t1 was best, but he had to change his image to the good guy after it
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Thunderball (1964)

Not my favourite Bond by a long way although until Skyfall it was the highest grossing Bond film ever (adjusted for inflation). Does have some great moments, especially the fight scene in the teaser before the opening credits. This was back when Bond didn't have martial arts skills to rival Bruce Lee so he had to work hard if he wanted to kill a man with his bare hands. Much more realistic.

One thing I always find funny is the sequence in the health spa where the baddie catches Bond strapped to the stretching machine and turns it up full to try to kill him. Why would a health spa have a stretching machine that can be set to 'kill' speed? There's even a red 'danger zone' on the dial!

They do the same in Moonraker when he is in the G force machine. Why would it have a setting that is so fast that it would kill the man being tested?

On the other hand it's nonsense like this that is one of the reasons I love Bond films.
    Would agree with all of that, but Thunderball does have the lovely Claudine Auger as a 'Bond girl'.

Talking of nonsense - if Dr No can crush a solid cast metal ornament with his metal prosthetic hands, why can't he grip the vertical reactor control rods and climb out?
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread