+ Reply to Thread
Page 1333 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 33383312331283132313311332133313341335134313831433 ... LastLast
Results 13,321 to 13,330 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Three Days of the Condor, 1975... Robert Redford and Faye Dunaway star...

In her biography "Looking for Gatsby", Faye Dunaway says of this film: "Now I'm sorry but the idea of being kidnapped and ravaged by Robert Redford was anything but frightening. [At one point, after Redford temporarily left the set and director Pollack took over his role for Dunaway's reaction shots] the cameras were rolling, I was in position, and suddenly Sydney lunged at me, growling 'I AM GOING TO GET YOU!'. I'm tied up at this point, unable to get away or move much at all, but Sydney kept moving toward me, his eyes glaring at me as he went on detailing all the horrible things he was going to do to me, and let me tell you, Sydney has an inventive mind. He is also a great actor, and he scared the hell out of me. Sydney kept the camera rolling and he was relentless".
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Not a bad film. Based on the novel "Five Days of the Condor", so I presume they ran out of money and could only film three days worth.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

The Enforcer, 1951... bogey in good guy mode

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

bogey again with...

Dark Passage, 1947..

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I haven't seen that one Grant. Looks good - but then anything with the pairing of Bogart and Bacall can't be bad.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I haven't seen that one Grant. Looks good - but then anything with the pairing of Bogart and Bacall can't be bad.
    yes its a decent film. different to his usual in fact his face isnt seen til about half way through.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

earlier it was the 1951 version of Scrooge with alistair sim,

and now the 1984 version called A Christmas Carol with Dickens scholar george c scott.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

earlier the 1970 western,

Little Big Man

now,

The Outlaw Josey Wales, 1976..

The film was adapted by Sonia Chernus and Philip Kaufman from author Asa Earl "Forrest" Carter's 1972 novel The Rebel Outlaw: Josey Wales (republished, as shown in the movie's opening credits, as Gone to Texas). The film was a commercial success, earning $31.8 million against a $3.7 million budget.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

another western now...

The Hallelujah Trail, 1965...

Stuntman Bill Williams was killed performing a stunt with a colleague during this shoot. The stunt called for Williams and another stuntman to guide a horse-drawn wagon toward a cliff. As the horses separated, both men were supposed to jump clear as the wagon continued over the cliff. Williams didn't manage to jump clear in time and died as a result of the fall. The scene was supposed to be deleted but the makers insisted on using it.

From the Author's Note in Bill Gulick's original book, he states that this is based on an actual historical incident and that "You would be surprised, dear reader, if you knew how much truth there is to the tale you are about to read."
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread