+ Reply to Thread
Page 1178 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 17867810781128116811761177117811791180118812281278 ... LastLast
Results 11,771 to 11,780 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    ah yes, and Ridley SCott directed a few episodes of that back in... what was it? 60's or 70's
    Late sixties I think. Too lazy to Google it .
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Late sixties I think. Too lazy to Google it .
    lol, me too... it was quite good if i remember, although i was just a boy..

reminds me of leo sayer that... Oh, I was just a boy, .. Giving it all away.. last line i think was title of song.. i like leo..
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Ok, my nose got me lol.. it was called Adam Adamant Lives!, and was from 1966/7. The series was created and produced by several alumni from Doctor Who. Proposing that an adventurer born in 1867 had been revived from hibernation in 1966, Adam Adamant Lives! was a satirical look at life in the 1960s through the eyes of an Edwardian (Adamant vanished in 1902, when Edward VII had been on the throne just one year)

good memory geoff..
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Hobson's Choice, 1954. Stars Charles Laughton again, with Brenda De Banzie and John Mills.

Alexander Korda suggested to writer, producer, and director Sir David Lean that he should adapt Harold Brighouse's 1915 stage comedy for the screen.

Sir John Mills often cited this as his favorite movie. Mills was only nine years younger than Charles Laughton, who was to become his father in law. His wife to be, Brenda De Banzie was actually 44 when filming, Mills was 46 and Laughton was 54. De Banzie's young sister, Prunella Scales was 22 and is the last survivor of the cast.. she is 89 now.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Ok, my nose got me lol.. it was called Adam Adamant Lives!, and was from 1966/7. The series was created and produced by several alumni from Doctor Who. Proposing that an adventurer born in 1867 had been revived from hibernation in 1966, Adam Adamant Lives! was a satirical look at life in the 1960s through the eyes of an Edwardian (Adamant vanished in 1902, when Edward VII had been on the throne just one year)

good memory geoff..
    They repeated that a few years back, might have been on Talking Pictures channel. I watched the first episode, interesting idea but all a bit stagey and histrionic.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    They repeated that a few years back, might have been on Talking Pictures channel. I watched the first episode, interesting idea but all a bit stagey and histrionic.
    i think it was of its age; the 60's. they did do a run on dvd once apparently.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

i think it was of its age; the 60's. they did do a run on dvd once apparently.
    They've released all sorts of crap TV shows on DVD, lord knows who buys them. Youngsters aren't interested and we remember them from first time round and wouldn't watch them again if you paid us.

But can you get something good like 'Mickey Spillane's Mike Hammer' from the 1980s on DVD? Or any format? No of course not, and they never show it on the telly either.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    They've released all sorts of crap TV shows on DVD, lord knows who buys them. Youngsters aren't interested and we remember them from first time round and wouldn't watch them again if you paid us.

But can you get something good like 'Mickey Spillane's Mike Hammer' from the 1980s on DVD? Or any format? No of course not, and they never show it on the telly either.
    you'll get it on us format on dvd but thats about it alas. about time it was given a uk or bluray release
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

you'll get it on us format on dvd but thats about it alas. about time it was given a uk or bluray release
    Nope it isn't available anywhere on any format. Same with 'Vietnam: The 10,000 Day War'.

Also 'Beverley Hills Bunce' although there are some episodes on Youtube, or there were. And that's only because some bloke taped them the one and only time they were shown, and kept the tapes across three decades.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mickey-Spil...ps%2C77&sr=8-2

ok if you can play american dvds. good enough price. can get it on american amazon site too. there is also the new adventures as well
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread