+ Reply to Thread
Page 1176 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 17667610761126116611741175117611771178118612261276 ... LastLast
Results 11,751 to 11,760 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Sherlock Holmes, 2009.

In the stories, Holmes is described to be an expert in Baritsu. In the film, however, the martial art that Holmes used is the Wing-Chun Kung Fu (famously used by Ip Man Yee and Bruce Lee). Robert Downey, Jr. is a practitioner of the art in real-life, and the fight scene between him and David Garrick at Punch Bowl Pit was coordinated with the help of his trainer.

Director of photography Philippe Rousselot used a special high-speed digital camera specifically to film the Punch Bowl fight sequence. The key moment where Holmes punches his opponent's jaw was filmed one second in real time, and turned into a seven-second shot without additional post-production aid.
    Rachel McAdams, Jude Law, and Robert Downey Jr. reportedly did most of their own stunts.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, 1986.

Leonard Nimoy has said that when this film first came out, whale rights activists caused an uproar. These groups believed that the effects and models portraying the whales were actual footage, and that actual whales were held in captivity or filmed too close to their habitat.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Saw that at the cinema when it came out, my mum made me take my kid brother along as he wanted to see it too. He was alright as it happened, no trouble.

Good film, the second best of the Star Trek franchise?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Gary.

Enjoyable film,
    NEARLY ruined (but not quite) by the terrible music

I'm Grant.

The Bourne Ultimatum, 2007.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Back To The Future Pt2, 1989.

This movie was the most advanced film of its time for using "every trick in the book", according to Robert Zemeckis. It was in the late 1980s when the concept of CGI was starting. However, in the film, very few CGI effects were actually needed.

The biggest effect the picture employs is a camera system called the VistaGlide. There are four scenes that use the effect of the same actor interacting with themselves. The four scenes that were shot were Griff and 2015 Biff in the Cafe 80's, the dinner sequence in 2015, 1955 Biff talking to 2015 Biff in the garage, and 1955 Doc talking with 1985 Doc. In order to create the dinner sequence with VistaGlide, the camera had to be divided into thirds and Michael had to come in three different times to play his older self, Marty Jr., and his daughter Marlene. This is the first film to accomplish interaction between the same actor on the screen twice as two different characters. If you watch closely, you'll see that 2015 Biff's hand disappears during the scene in the garage.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

'The Mist' (2007)

The morning after a bad storm the power is out and a mist starts rolling in across the lake. A bloke, his son and their neighbour travel into the nearby town to get supplies. But then bad things start to happen.

Based on a Stephen King novella of the same name which I read back in school. Didn't realise they'd made a film of it until the other day. Happily the DVD was only £1.30.

Director is Frank Darabont who also adapted and directed the King stories 'The Shawshank Redemption' and 'The Green Mile.'

Sticks quite close to the novella except for the ending which is a bitch. Lots of tension and good performances from the cast which includes Toby Jones playing a yank.

Well worth a watch. There's also a spin-off TV series, not seen that. Got cancelled after one season.

Edit: Technically it should be called 'The Fog' since the definition of mist is that visibility is still one kilometre or more and in the film they can't see more than ten foot. But that title was already taken.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post

'The Mist' (2007)

The morning after a bad storm the power is out and a mist starts rolling in across the lake. A bloke, his son and their neighbour travel into the nearby town to get supplies. But then bad things start to happen.

Based on a Stephen King novella of the same name which I read back in school. Didn't realise they'd made a film of it until the other day. Happily the DVD was only £1.30.

Director is Frank Darabont who also adapted and directed the King stories 'The Shawshank Redemption' and 'The Green Mile.'

Sticks quite close to the novella except for the ending which is a bitch. Lots of tension and good performances from the cast which includes Toby Jones playing a yank.

Well worth a watch. There's also a spin-off TV series, not seen that. Got cancelled after one season.

Edit: Technically it should be called 'The Fog' since the definition of mist is that visibility is still one kilometre or more and in the film they can't see more than ten foot. But that title was already taken.
    good film... nice find at £1.30 too
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

I've got a cheap DVD on the way too.

'A Shock to The System' 1990, with Michael Caine. Saw a bit of it on the box the other day and thought it looked great.

It was originally a freebie with Daily Mail and comes in a cardboard slip.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

sure ive got that somewhere... it was pretty good from memory
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread