+ Reply to Thread
Page 1167 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 16766710671117115711651166116711681169117712171267 ... LastLast
Results 11,661 to 11,670 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Martin.

'Limitless' is a good watch.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Gary.

Just finished binging season 2 of "Raised by Wolves"

Philosophical Sci-fi tv series from Ridley Scott.

Outstanding.
    Weird, but brilliant.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Martin.

Just started watching 'Farscape'. I know it's from 20 years ago but only just got round to it.

Someone told me it had similarities to 'Blakes 7.' Only watched the first episode but it does seem to.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

Oblivion, 2013.

Joseph Kosinski and Claudio Miranda so disliked the extensive use of blue screen mattes in TRON: Legacy (2010) that for this film, they wanted to use real glass, mirrors and shiny surfaces for the glass tower set. The sky footage was projected on a 500x45' screen consisting of 21 monitors, and was filmed for three weeks from the summit of Haleakala volcano in Maui, Hawaii. The rooms with windows were lit by the light from those projections. The monitors took ten technicians several weeks to install and fine tune with floor-level rig support. In the end, the actors complimented the production team for that design to such an extent that Tom Cruise declared that the glass tower was one of his favorite film sets.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

My wife is watching 'Mr Bean's Holiday'. It's actually a great film, which I found out when the grandkids watched it a few times.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    My wife is watching 'Mr Bean's Holiday'. It's actually a great film, which I found out when the grandkids watched it a few times.
    never bean in to him sorry
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post

Outstanding.
    Weird, but brilliant.
    not watched first series as of yet
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Cannonball Run II (1984)

There's a couple of Burt Reynolds films that it is possible to watch when sober but this isn't one of them.

Cast is amazing though:

Burt Reynolds as J.J. McClure
    Dom DeLuise as Victor Prinzi/Captain Chaos (DeLuise also appears uncredited as Don Canneloni)
    Dean Martin as Jamie Blake
    Sammy Davis Jr. as Morris Fenderbaum
    Jamie Farr as Sheik Abdul ben Falafel
    Ricardo Montalbán as King Abdul ben Falafel
    Telly Savalas as Hymie Kaplan
    Marilu Henner as Betty
    Shirley MacLaine as Veronica
    Susan Anton as Jill Rivers ("Lamborghini Babe #1", originally played by Tara Buckman)
    Catherine Bach as Marcie Thatcher ("Lamborghini Babe #2", originally played by Adrienne Barbeau)
    Foster Brooks, Sid Caesar and Louis Nye as the fishermen in the rowboat
    Jackie Chan as Jackie Chan, Mitsubishi engineer
    Richard Kiel as Arnold, Jackie's driver

It should be noted that both Marilu Henner and Catherine Bach are at the height of their powers.

The Cannonball Run series are probably the closest the yanks get to a 'Carry On' film.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post

Outstanding.
    Weird, but brilliant.
    Saw it on my Sky planner, and thought it was this, so didn't bother.

But that looks pretty good. I'll have to see season 1 first tho
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

An American Werewolf in London [4K UHD] [Limited Edition] 1981. Written and directed by John Landis.

Got this for the boxset tbh as the bluray i have is certainly as good imo visually; maybe better.

Rick Baker won an Oscar for Best Makeup, and was the first film to do so. Rick Baker claimed to have been disappointed by the amount of time spent shooting the face changing shot for the transformation after having spent months working on the mechanism. John Landis only required one take lasting about seven seconds. Baker felt he had wasted his time until seeing the film with an audience that applauded during that one seven second shot.

Only four American work permits were requested by the British government for the production: for director John Landis, make-up artist Rick Baker, and David Naughton and Griffin Dunne. The first three work permits were granted by the British government without question. But the British office of Actors' Equity questioned the necessity of a work permit for Dunne, claiming that there were already plenty of young American actors living in Great Britain who could portray the role of Jack. It was only when director and screenwriter Landis threatened to re-write the script, and retitle the movie "An American Werewolf in Paris", that the equity office reconsidered the application and granted Dunne his work permit. A sequel called An American Werewolf in Paris (1997) would actually be made sixteen years later.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread