+ Reply to Thread
Page 901 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 40180185189189990090190290391195110011401 ... LastLast
Results 9,001 to 9,010 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Saboteur, 1942. Directed by Alfred Hitchcock. Stars Robert Cummings, Priscilla Lane and Norman Lloyd.

Saboteur did "very well at the box office even with its B-list cast"; it made a "tidy profit for all involved"
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Switch, 1991. Directed by Blake Edwards, and starring Ellen Barkin, Jimmy Smits, JoBeth Williams, and Lorraine Bracco. Based on George Axelrod's 1959 play Goodbye Charlie, and 1964 film of same name. that one had Debbie Reynolds and Tony Curtis in the leads.

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

'To Hell And Back' (1955)'

Audie Murphy plays himself in this account of the wartime exploits which made him the most decorated soldier in U.S history.

He wanted Tony Curtis to play the role but the producers insisted he had to do it himself. Good production values for 1955. You can't help but come away with the impression that Murphy was absolutely crackers, and very lucky too, although he does eventually get shot in the hip which ends his military career.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    'To Hell And Back' (1955)'

Audie Murphy plays himself in this account of the wartime exploits which made him the most decorated soldier in U.S history.

He wanted Tony Curtis to play the role but the producers insisted he had to do it himself. Good production values for 1955. You can't help but come away with the impression that Murphy was absolutely crackers, and very lucky too, although he does eventually get shot in the hip which ends his military career.
    Yeah Murphy went a bit nuts during war and then struggled to adapt to civilian life after.
    Shows what stress of war can do.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Operation Crossbow, 1965. A partly(at times too much) fictionalized retelling of a ww2 real life operation. Makes a decent tale although i'd have preferred more truth in it tbh... maybe it was too boring a tale?, ie defending against the V-1 flying bomb and V-2 rocket attacks at source.

Screenplay by Emeric Pressburger, Derry Quinn and Ray Rigby. Story by Duilio Coletti and Vittoriano Petrilli. It was Directed by Michael Anderson and has an all star cast of George Peppard, John Mills, Trevor Howard, Sophia Loren and Tom Courtenay among many.

Not a bad film but could have been better.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm winston.

I'm Grant.

Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex, But Were Afraid To Ask, 1972

A series of short sequences loosely inspired by Dr. David Reuben's 1969 book of the same name, directed by Woody Allen.
    Stars Woody Allen, John Carradine, Lou Jacobi, Louise Lasser, Anthony Quayle, Tony Randall, Lynn Redgrave, Burt Reynolds and Gene Wilder.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex, But Were Afraid To Ask, 1972

A series of short sequences loosely inspired by Dr. David Reuben's 1969 book of the same name, directed by Woody Allen.
    Stars Woody Allen, John Carradine, Lou Jacobi, Louise Lasser, Anthony Quayle, Tony Randall, Lynn Redgrave, Burt Reynolds and Gene Wilder.

Liked the one with the sperms as parachutists ‘he’s attempting re-entry’ lol

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Liked the one with the sperms as parachutists ‘he’s attempting re-entry’ lol
    some oddities in it, for sure. typical Allen. i suppose fairly bold for 72
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

something more sedate now with poirot..

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread