+ Reply to Thread
Page 1307 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 30780712071257129713051306130713081309131713571407 ... LastLast
Results 13,061 to 13,070 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Sunday matinee... Blue Murder at St Trinian's, 1957..

impeccable cast here...
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    How did you get on with this Grant? I haven't watched it for ages and can't remember much about it.
    lol - I watched 'The Two Jakes' again not so long ago, because all I can recall from seeing it when it first came out is that it was disappointing.

All I can recall from the second watch is that it's disappointing, but not as disappointing as I remembered.

'Chinatown' is one of my top ten though.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

The Mouse on the Moon, 1963.. more old and light for Sunday... has to be a comedy if bernard is the male love interest.. lol

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    lol - I watched 'The Two Jakes' again not so long ago, because all I can recall from seeing it when it first came out is that it was disappointing.

All I can recall from the second watch is that it's disappointing, but not as disappointing as I remembered.

'Chinatown' is one of my top ten though.
    mostly as i found. better than i originally thought and as a individual film quite decent, but off back of chinatown it failed somewhat
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Murder at the Gallop, 1963....

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Today in the 'Movie For A Dreary Afternoon' slot:

'Union Pacific' (1939)
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Today in the 'Movie For A Dreary Afternoon' slot:

'Union Pacific' (1939)
    actually this is prety decent film... it won an oscar for special effects ..
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

A Christmas Carol, 1984...

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The Bishop's Wife, 1947...

poor old bishop,(david niven) has the task of fending off the attentions of an angel,(cary grant) to his wife,(loretta young) and vis a vis, and wishing he hadn't prayed for help...Market research showed that moviegoers avoided the film because they thought it was religious. So, Samuel Goldwyn decided to re-title it Cary and the Bishop's Wife for some US markets, while adding a black text box with the question "Have you heard about CARY AND THE BISHOP'S WIFE?" on posters in markets where the film kept the original title. By adding Cary Grant's first name to the title the film's business increased by as much as 25 per cent.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    actually this is prety decent film... it won an oscar for special effects ..
    it was pretty good, it was the first ever winner of the Cannes Palm D'Or although it wasn't actually awarded until 2000.

One thing I notice about these old films is that fist fights are often far more realistic than they are in modern films, but gunfights not so much (bloke gets shot, looks surprised, then drops slowly to the ground, no sign of a wound or even any blood).
    Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread