+ Reply to Thread
Page 831 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 3317317818218298308318328338418819311331 ... LastLast
Results 8,301 to 8,310 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Classic movie, nice and mean too. Marvin is brilliant in it!
    +1
    Barry

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    The Fourth Protocol, 1987. Directed by John Mackenzie and stars Michael Caine and Pierce Brosnan. from the book by Fredrick Forsyth, and featuring Ned Beatty and Ian Richardson.

Another quality film this
    Yes - another of my favourites.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Psycho 1960... A Hitchcock masterpiece. Stars Anthony Perkins, Matrin Balsam, Janet Leigh and Vera Miles.

a work of genius.. acting was also top notch.. one of his very best and he has had a few
    Last edited by struth; 25-09-2020 at 15:15.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Saturday Matinee... On Masters of Cinema BluRay.. Double Indemnity, 1944 film noir starring Fred MacMurray, Edward G Robinson and Barbara Stanwyck.
    Directed by Billy Wilder, who also co wrote with Raymond Chandler.

It was nominated for seven Academy Awards although won none. It was based on a novella from James M Cain, who praised Wilders work.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

a great film; supremely structured and good acting as well. Stanwyck always played the bad bitch well.

now Charley Varrick, 1973. Walter Mattau, Joe Don Baker and Felicia Farr star. Directed by Don Siegal.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    now Charley Varrick, 1973. Walter Mattau, Joe Don Baker and Felicia Farr star. Directed by Don Siegal
    That's a classic and an old favourite of mine.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Heaven Can Wait, 1978. Co-directed by Warren Beatty and Buck Henry, and stars aformentioned Beatty along with Julie Christie and Jack Warden.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Sunday Matinee.. Terminator Genisys, 2015.. It stars Arnold Schwarzenegger as all terminator films should.

It grossed over $400mil worldwide, but did best overseas oddly.. I like this film, and it is second only to T2 in takings
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Got my plex working up stairs now.
    So the glorious Blue Murder at St Trinian's , 1957.
    Directed by*Frank Launder*and written by him and*Sidney Gilliat.

Fab British cast, it stars Terry-Thomas, George Cole, Joyce Grenfell, Lionel Jeffries and Richard Wattis.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

George Cole is brilliant as 'Flash Harry'.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread