+ Reply to Thread
Page 868 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 3687688188588668678688698708789189681368 ... LastLast
Results 8,671 to 8,680 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    another good thriller now.. Gorky Park, 1983. All star cast of William Hurt, Lee Marvin, Joanna Pacula, Rikki Fulton, Brian Dennehy, Ian McDiarmid, Michael Elphick and Ian Bannen.

Another one of my favourite films.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Great series, though the later ones where they were 'stranded' in America were weak. That saidc Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie made Jeeves and Wooster their own - in much the same way David Suchet made Poirot his own.
    yes they did, although i read somewhere that neither wanted to do the show. they only did it as they felt they were the only 2 that could do it, and it WAS going to be done with or without them... it worked out pretty well, and made both of them really
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Excellent, but little known thriller. Can be hard to find on R2 DVD. I have a copy.
    I was disappointed when I saw it many years ago. Probably worth a repeat viewing: I often change my mind about 'cult' films, initially disliking them, then reappraising my opinion with repeated views.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I was disappointed when I saw it many years ago. Probably worth a repeat viewing: I often change my mind about 'cult' films, initially disliking them, then reappraising my opinion with repeated views.
    its not a bad film, but again not a ten/ten either. more you see it the more you get out of it tho
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Curse of the Black Pearl, 2003.. the first of 5 pirates films... an excellent series it is too, and this may be the best.

made a $500m profit so obviously many thought same.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Saturday Matinee time starts with an Agatha Christie.. Murder She Said, 1961. directed by George Pollock and stars Margaret Rutherford.

based on the novel "4.50 from Paddington".

Film was generally well recieved and still is, bar one Agatha Christie, who didnt like it.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm sorted.

Enjoyed the first film in this series ‘Mangrove’, available on the BBC iplayer.

I'm Grant.

More matinees; War time now with The Guns Of Navarone, 1961. directed by J. Lee Thompson, and stars Gregory Peck, David Niven and Anthony Quinn, along with Stanley Baker and Anthony Quayle. James Robertson Justice has a part too and also narrates the opening sequence.

This did well at box office making a not inconsiderable $18m profit. It won an Academy Award for Special Effects..

The score was composed by Dimitri Tiomkin
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Where would Saturday be without a western... John Ford's "Fort Apache", 1948. This was the first of the director's "cavalry trilogy".
    John Wayne, Henry Fonda, Ward Bond, Victor McLaglen and Shirley Temple star.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Josie.

Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

+ Reply to Thread