+ Reply to Thread
Page 570 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 704705205605685695705715725806206701070 ... LastLast
Results 5,691 to 5,700 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Passport to Pimlico. 1949.. a good cast from the day. Stanley Holloway, Margret Rutherford, Barbara Murray etc.
    Filmed on a bomb site in or near Lambeth and was supposedly a reference to the Berlin blockade of the time.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Between 2 worlds 1944 stars John Garfield

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

'The New Avengers'

On True Entertainment channel. Normally it is just flagrant false advertising on this channel and they just show pap. But now they start with proper telly. And a classic episode as well, the one where Purdey is kidnapped and Steed punches Gambit in the balls so hard it knocks him out.

Everything about this is proper telly. The opening credits. The theme tune. Great characters. Everyone, male or female, agreed that Purdey was the best. The cars: You've got a Jaguar XJS and Broadspeed, Rover SD, Triumph TR7. Plus good story with loads of fighting and action. Brian Clemens was the writer, and he could always write a good spy yarn; he wrote all the best episodes of 'The Professionals' as well.

The channel advises the some scenes are unsuitable for children. Well I watched it when it was first on in 1977 age 8 and I didn't have any issues. I remember discussing this one on the yard at school on the following Monday morning, that punch in the groin being the main focus of course.

No-one is making anything as good as this today.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

South Pacific
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Africa.. BBC TV series/ Blu Ray

Stunning series.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm sorted.

(Funniest when he gets bitten or stung)

I'm Grant.

The lady vanishes 1938

Hitchcock version.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

How about an absolute tripe movie to watch? At 6.50pm there's 'Sharknado 4: the 4th Awakens' on Horror Channel. It is a shark attack disaster/horror movie, teaturing monster flying sharks.And to round it all off, has David Hasselhoff in it!

I'm Grant.

My son watched that a while ago. Said he liked it. Lol
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Andrew.

Don’t breathe is a good film

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread