+ Reply to Thread
Page 919 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 41981986990991791891992092192996910191419 ... LastLast
Results 9,181 to 9,190 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

The Three Musketeers, 1973. Stars Michael York as d'Artagnan, Oliver Reed as Athos, Frank Finlay as Porthos / O'Reilly and Richard Chamberlain as Aramis. Directed by Richard Lester and written by George MacDonald Fraser. It was originally proposed in the 1960s as a vehicle for The Beatles, whom Lester had directed in two other films.

Plenty other stars in this film too including Fay Dunnaway, Raquel Welch, Christopher Lee and Simon Ward to name a few.

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Good film, very entertaining. Nonsense really, but well done and good fun!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Face Off, 1997. Directed by John Woo. Stars John Travolta, Nicolas Cage and Joan Allen.

Film made $245m for an $80m outlay and was well recieved. There was talk of a sequel.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Broken Arrow, 1996. Travolta again along with Christian Slater and Samantha Mathis. Again directed by John Woo.

another biggish success with a $150m return from a $50m outlay, although it wasnt particularly well recieved.. odd how it mad such a profit and was the no 1 film in usa 2 weeks running
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Jason Bourne, 2016.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

The New Avengers - 'Angels of Death'

Classic 1977 episode where Joanna Lumley fights Caroline Munro. Both at the height of their powers.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Blues Brothers and Blues Brothers 2000

The first film was excellent (if intentionally OTT) and it would have appeared impossible to replace the late John Belushi, but John Goodman stands in brilliantly, as does 'The Kid'.
    Barry

I'm openingabottleofwine.

The Commitments

Absolutely brilliant: funny, touching with some great soul music. How come the the singers never furthered their career afterward?
    Barry

I'm Grant.

a bit of red dwarf to cheer me up...

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The Fog, 1980. Directed by John Carpenter. Stars Adrienne Barbeau, Jamie Lee Curtis, Tom Atkins, Janet Leigh and Hal Holbrook.

Now a cult classic, it was not so well recieved initially although it was a financial hit.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread