+ Reply to Thread
Page 1093 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 935939931043108310911092109310941095110311431193 ... LastLast
Results 10,921 to 10,930 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I love the bit where Marilyn explains/confirms some aspect of relativity theory to Einstein, after which he says "I'm so glad".
    its an interesting film.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    As 'The Ipcress File' has just started on BBC 2, I'm watching it. Excellent movie!

Well that was annoying...

I started watching this (never seen it before), but then nodded off When I woke up I was looking at Robert Duvall dressed like an SS officer. Took a minute or two to realise I was now watching The Eagle Has Landed.

Happens all the time with films, no matter how good they are. If I'm stationary for more than 20 minutes I go into standby, like my CD player.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Well that was annoying...

I started watching this (never seen it before), but then nodded off When I woke up I was looking at Robert Duvall dressed like an SS officer. Took a minute or two to realise I was now watching The Eagle Has Landed.

Happens all the time with films, no matter how good they are. If I'm stationary for more than 20 minutes I go into standby, like my CD player.
    It's called 'getting old'.
    Barry

I'm Mike.

Death Wish 1,2,3,4 and 5.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Martin.

'Like losers in a Michael Winner script'
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Talking of Michael Winner, Im about to watch one of his. Chato's Land, 1972. Starring(of course) Chuck Bronson, with Jack Palance and James Whitmore.

Charles Bronson refused to eat at the same table as Jack Palance during the shooting breaks. Michael Winner's book says Bronson had a great dislike for Palance during the filming of "Chato's Land". Every evening Charlie, Jill, and Winner would have dinner together at the hotel restaurant while Palance ate by himself. Winner would tell Charlie that there was nothing wrong with Palance but Charlie held a great distrust. Finally, toward the end of filming Charlie had dinner with Palance. The next day Charlie told Winner that "Jack Palance is a very nice man." Winner said that was typical of Charlie to be so guarded.

Palance did have a reputation in Hollywood for being as eccentric as he was tough. Jack Palance and Bronson were maybe the two toughest actors ever.

Jack was a professional boxer before he served in WW II.He had also worked as a coal-miner in Pennsylvania.Bronson was also a coal-miner and he served in the WW II too.They were both wounded and received the purple heart.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Talking of Michael Winner, Im about to watch one of his. Chato's Land, 1972. Starring(of course) Chuck Bronson, with Jack Palance and James Whitmore.

Charles Bronson refused to eat at the same table as Jack Palance during the shooting breaks. Michael Winner's book says Bronson had a great dislike for Palance during the filming of "Chato's Land". Every evening Charlie, Jill, and Winner would have dinner together at the hotel restaurant while Palance ate by himself. Winner would tell Charlie that there was nothing wrong with Palance but Charlie held a great distrust. Finally, toward the end of filming Charlie had dinner with Palance. The next day Charlie told Winner that "Jack Palance is a very nice man." Winner said that was typical of Charlie to be so guarded.

Palance did have a reputation in Hollywood for being as eccentric as he was tough. Jack Palance and Bronson were maybe the two toughest actors ever.

Jack was a professional boxer before he served in WW II.He had also worked as a coal-miner in Pennsylvania.Bronson was also a coal-miner and he served in the WW II too.They were both wounded and received the purple heart.
    Thanks for that Grant, educational as always

I bet Michael Winner wouldn't have got away with saying "Calm down dear" to Bronson... to be fair Palance didn't have a "come sit with me" kind of face. Seems like a lot of the yesteryear Hollywood "tough guys" were just that in real life too, I wonder how many of today's actors could be described thus.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

Interesting bit re Keanu Reeves.

Keanu Reeves donated 70% of his salary from the first The Matrix film to fund leukaemia research - after his younger sister battled the disease for 10 years.

The actor, 57, who was reportedly paid $10million upfront and earned $35million total for the first film in the franchise in 1999, was inspired to fund research into the blood cancer after his sister Kim, now 55, was diagnosed in 1991.

Keanu became Kim's primary carer during this time and helped with her recovery after she spent a decade fighting the cancer, before going into remission.*
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Dark Passage, 1947. directed by Delmer Daves and starring Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall.

The photo of Vincent before surgery is shown in the newspaper and elsewhere. It represents the height of photomanipulation of the day, with carefully masked double-exposures and careful airbrushing. The lower half of the face is that of character actor Kenneth MacDonald. The upper half, from just below the bridge of the nose, is that of Bogart himself.

Warner Brothers studio head Jack L. Warner was not pleased to discover that the face of one of his biggest stars, Humphrey Bogart, is not seen for the first half of the movie. By the time Warner knew this, the film was too far along to be changed.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Enemy of the State, 1998. Stars Will Smith, Gene Hackman and John Voight. Directed by Tony Scott.

The N.S.A. refused to cooperate with the production. Aerial footage of their headquarters in Fort Meade, Maryland had to be shot from public air space.
    The mark left on the mailbox to signal Brill is standard spycraft.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread