+ Reply to Thread
Page 1270 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 27077011701220126012681269127012711272128013201370 ... LastLast
Results 12,691 to 12,700 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Jeff Bridges was nominated for the an Oscar for best actor so couldn't be that bad i like Karen Allen too.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, 2007..

The most expensive film ever made (at the time), not adjusted for inflation. The budget ran to $300 million. That's more than the budget of all three Lord of the Rings films combined.

A real-life council of pirates existed at one time. The Brethren of the Coast was a loose coalition of pirates and buccaneers, active in the 17th and 18th centuries in the Atlantic Ocean, Caribbean Sea, and Gulf of Mexico. They had a base on the island of Tortuga, off the coast of Haiti, and in Port Royal, Jamaica. The Brethren were originally French Huguenots and British Protestants, but their ranks were joined by other adventurers of various nationalities, including Spaniards and Africans.

The flags hoisted by the pirate fleet are based on flags of real-world pirates: Christopher Moody (red flag with a winged chalice, arm and knife, and skull on crossbones), Thomas Tew (an arm with a cutlass), De Vranck (a man clubbing a skull and crossbones), Bartholomew "Black Bart" Roberts (a man dancing with a skeleton, who holds a spear), Edward "Blackbeard" Teach (a skeleton holding a spear, stabbing a red heart), and Edward Low (a red skeleton). The flag hoisted by the Black Pearl is that of John "Calico Jack" Rackham (a skull and crossed cutlasses).
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

'A Walk In The Woods' (2015)

Robert Redford is travel writer Bill Bryson attempting to hike the whole distance of the Appalachian trail, with Nick Nolte tagging along.

Bryson's books are mildly amusing but this isn't really. Nothing much happens, and what does happen isn't very well done from a comedy point of view. Nick Nolte is very good in it and carries the film along enough that I watched it to the end, but it's all just too bland and a bit trite in places too.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Last edited by struth; 26-11-2022 at 14:50.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

First Blood, 1982... 4k bluray.

Sylvester Stallone accidentally broke the nose of Alf Humphreys (Lester) during the jail escape scene by elbowing him in the face, which is why he is seen wearing a band-aid throughout the rest of the film. Coincidentally, this is what Rambo does to a policeman in the novel during the exact same scene.

After watching a rough cut of the film, which was about three hours long, Sylvester Stallone and his agent claimed that the film was so bad that it made them sick. Stallone also feared that the film would kill his career, and he attempted to buy all the footage and destroy it. When he couldn't do that, he suggested that the producers cut much of his part and let the rest of the characters tell the story. After heavy edits, the film was cut down to 93 minutes and set a precedent for future action movies.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Doctor Zhivago

David Lean's great film epic was just shown today on BBC TV.= (although I do have a copy).
    Barry

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    First Blood, 1982... 4k bluray.

Sylvester Stallone accidentally broke the nose of Alf Humphreys (Lester) during the jail escape scene by elbowing him in the face, which is why he is seen wearing a band-aid throughout the rest of the film. Coincidentally, this is what Rambo does to a policeman in the novel during the exact same scene.

After watching a rough cut of the film, which was about three hours long, Sylvester Stallone and his agent claimed that the film was so bad that it made them sick. Stallone also feared that the film would kill his career, and he attempted to buy all the footage and destroy it. When he couldn't do that, he suggested that the producers cut much of his part and let the rest of the characters tell the story. After heavy edits, the film was cut down to 93 minutes and set a precedent for future action movies.
    One of my favourite films this, I wonder what the 3 hour version was like.

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    One of my favourite films.

Yesterday I watched 'The Whistle Blower' (1987) starring Michael Caine

tonight I'll start the Shogun box set:

I have fond memories watching Shogun with my mum when it was on TV, I was at school back then.

My mum passed away last Sunday bless her.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Last edited by Barry; 26-11-2022 at 20:43. Reason: wiki link added
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    One of my favourite films this, I wonder what the 3 hour version was like.
    so bad sly tried to buy it and destroy it
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread