+ Reply to Thread
Page 1071 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 715719711021106110691070107110721073108111211171 ... LastLast
Results 10,701 to 10,710 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Martin.

You'll have nightmares!

is what my mother would say if she saw us watching those shows.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    You'll have nightmares!

is what my mother would say if she saw us watching those shows.
    there was a time, yes... its actually rather well done and with a nice tinge of humour
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Something lighter now, the link being Ian Charmichal.. From 1960, School for Scoundrels, starring the aforementioned Ian Carmichael, Alastair Sim, Edward Chapman, Jannette Scott and the great Terry-Thomas.

Based on the Gamesmanship series by Stephen Potter. Although the film only credits its producer, Hal E. Chester, and Patricia Moyes for the screenplay, it was co-written by Peter Ustinov and Frank Tarloff. Its director, Robert Hamer, was sacked during filming due to his return to drinking and the enterprise was completed by Chester and an (uncredited) Cyril Frankel. Hamer did not work in the film industry again, and died in 1963.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    From 1960, School for Scoundrels, starring the aforementioned Ian Carmichael, Alastair Sim, Edward Chapman, Jannette Scott and the great Terry-Thomas.
    Great fun movie and one of my favourites from that period, along with 'Two-Way Stretch'.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Great fun movie and one of my favourites from that period, along with 'Two-Way Stretch'.
    yeah, both good films you can watch umpteen times
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, 2011. directed by Guy Ritchie and stars Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law.

Though the film received mixed reviews from critics, it was commercially successful, with a worldwide gross of over $545 million. A third film was originally set for release on December 22, 2021, with Downey and Law set to return, although its status is uncertain.

running this from my youtube videos to a chromecast i got in black friday.. picture is decent
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    The antique mirror story is in 'Dead of Night'? The main character starts to see the reflection of a different room to his own.

And I think your second reference may be a story called 'Blind Alleys' from 'Tales From The Crypt', a 1972 horror anthology.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_...e_Crypt_(film)
    I think the 'antique mirror' story is from "From Beyond the Grave", the last of the Amicus anthology horror fims. It is the first of four stories, and is called 'The Gatecrasher':

Edward Charlton (David Warner) buys an antique mirror for a knockdown price, believing that he has tricked the proprietor into accepting that it is a reproduction. Charlton holds a seance at the suggestion of his friends and falls into a trance. He finds himself in an other world where he is approached by a sinister figure (Marcel Steiner) who appears to stab him. Charlton wakes up screaming. Later the figure's face appears in the mirror and orders Charlton to kill so that he can "feed". Charlton butchers people until the apparition is able to manifest himself outside the mirror. The figure then explains that Charlton must do one more thing before the figure can walk abroad and join others like him. The figure says he will take Charlton "beyond the ultimate" and persuades Charlton to kill himself by impaling himself on a knife. The mirror stays in Charlton's flat for years after his death, until the latest owner also decides to hold a seance. Charlton's hungry spectre appears in the mirror.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/From_Beyond_the_Grave
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Dad's Army, 2016.

new version but top quality
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I think the 'antique mirror' story is from "From Beyond the Grave", the last of the Amicus anthology horror fims. It is the first of four stories, and is called 'The Gatecrasher':

Edward Charlton (David Warner) buys an antique mirror for a knockdown price, believing that he has tricked the proprietor into accepting that it is a reproduction. Charlton holds a seance at the suggestion of his friends and falls into a trance. He finds himself in an other world where he is approached by a sinister figure (Marcel Steiner) who appears to stab him. Charlton wakes up screaming. Later the figure's face appears in the mirror and orders Charlton to kill so that he can "feed". Charlton butchers people until the apparition is able to manifest himself outside the mirror. The figure then explains that Charlton must do one more thing before the figure can walk abroad and join others like him. The figure says he will take Charlton "beyond the ultimate" and persuades Charlton to kill himself by impaling himself on a knife. The mirror stays in Charlton's flat for years after his death, until the latest owner also decides to hold a seance. Charlton's hungry spectre appears in the mirror.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/From_Beyond_the_Grave
    just watched that. its not one i was thinking of alas. sure it might have been an old picture and you could go into it and out again. starting to think it is my imagination lol
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The Black Cat, 1981. directed by Lucio Fulci and stars Patrick Magee, Mimsy Farmer, Al Cliver, David Warbeck, and Dagmar Lassander. The film is based loosely on the 1843 story of the same name by Edgar Allan Poe.

The film's original shooting title was Il gatto di Park Lane (transl. "The Cat of Park Lane"). It was shot on location in the villages of West Wycombe, Chalfont St Giles and Hambleden, Buckinghamshire, and at various studios in Rome. Filming took place between 11 August and 28 September 1980.

The Black Cat was distributed theatrically in Italy by Italian International Film on April 4, 1981. It was released theatrically in the United States in February 1984.

From the Arrow films streaming channel on prime.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread