+ Reply to Thread
Page 825 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 3257257758158238248258268278358759251325 ... LastLast
Results 8,241 to 8,250 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

I am Jack!

Jack The Ripper 1988 tv mini series starring Michael Caine and Lewis Collins.

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Francis Ford Coppola's The Conversation, 1974 starring Gene Hackman.

great quote about the film.. "This tense, paranoid thriller presents Francis Ford Coppola at his finest—and makes some remarkably advanced arguments about technology's role in society that still resonate today."
    One of my favourite films. I found the denouement near the end quite surprising/shocking. And I'm still trying to work out how the "bugger was bugged".
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

I'm also a fan of 'The Conversation', Gene Hackman was well cast.

This DVD arrived today, not seen it for ages, but I remember thinking it was very good.

It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Gary.

AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Grant.

The Friends of Eddie Coyle, 1973. Stars Robert Mitchum and Peter Boyle. Director was Peter Yates. This is the Masters of Cinema bluray relase.

quality film noir
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

The Friends of Eddie Coyle, 1973. Stars Robert Mitchum and Peter Boyle. Director was Peter Yates.
    I've been wanting to see that for years. I've seen most decent movies, but somehow missed that one.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I've been wanting to see that for years. I've seen most decent movies, but somehow missed that one.
    its very good, but never on tv for some reason.

now, Hopscotch,1980. Directed by Ronald Neame, and stars Walter Matthau, Glenda Jackson, Sam Waterston, Ned Beatty, and Herbert Lom.

quality film this.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

now, Hopscotch,1980. Directed by Ronald Neame, and stars Walter Matthau, Glenda Jackson, Sam Waterston, Ned Beatty, and Herbert Lom.
    Recently bought the DVD. Not watched it yet, saw it about forty years ago.

I'm Grant.

One of my top 10 films now...Little Big Man from 1970. Stars Dustin Hoffman, Chief Dan George, Faye Dunaway, Martin Balsam, Jeff Corey and Richard Mulligan, and directed by Arthur Penn.
    A revisionist, anti-establishment Western, it was summed up well by Roger Ebert, of the Chicago Sun-Times, describing Little Big Man as "an endlessly entertaining attempt to spin an epic in the form of a yarn."

This as you see is the blu ray release and very good picture and sound on it.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

One of my top 10 films now...Little Big Man from 1970. Stars Dustin Hoffman, Chief Dan George, Faye Dunaway, Martin Balsam, Jeff Corey and Richard Mulligan, and directed by Arthur Penn.
    It must be over thirty years since I saw that. I remember thinking it was an amazing film.

(Richard Mulligan was the big blond guy who played the constantly bemused husband Burt in the old send-up sitcom 'Soap', in which he was excellent and very funny)

+ Reply to Thread