+ Reply to Thread
Page 579 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 794795295695775785795805815896296791079 ... LastLast
Results 5,781 to 5,790 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I used to be a real MASH addict - must have seen all of the episodes at least once. So the wounded soldier didn't look dishevelled, the surgeon's gloves were never bloody either. It was never intended to be an accurate 'docu-drama', just a wry and entertaining comment on the American participation in the Korean war.
    tv series was poor compared to the film. Dont get me wrong I watched it and liked it but the film was much better...think it was the series' canned laughter.

anyhoo got this on

The Day After Tomorrow. 2004... great special effects and thats about it.lol... its good fun but the story is a bit ott, and acting could be better.. we can blame it on Dennis Quaid

..still I quite like it for all its faults.

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I used to be a real MASH addict - must have seen all of the episodes at least once. So the wounded soldier didn't look dishevelled, the surgeon's gloves were never bloody either. It was never intended to be an accurate 'docu-drama', just a wry and entertaining comment on the American participation in the Korean war.
    I know you have to suspend disbelief a bit. Just jars with me. The worst is with modern films set in the past. Everything is always so clean and perfect. Especially the cars. Every car is in concours condition, doesn't matter if it is the 1920s, 1970s whatever. I recall the 1970s well and a car in that sort of gleaming condition was a rare sight. Throw a bit of mud and dust on them! It's really not hard.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    tv series was poor compared to the film. Dont get me wrong I watched it and liked it but the film was much better...think it was the series' canned laughter.

anyhoo got this on

The Day After Tomorrow. 2004... great special effects and thats about it.lol... its good fun but the story is a bit ott, and acting could be better.. we can blame it on Dennis Quaid

..still I quite like it for all its faults.

I watched it first time round from '76 on and they didn't show it in the UK with canned laughter, or later when they repeated it. Except one time on the original run when they didn't cut the laugh track because they forgot and thousands of people contacted the BBC to complain.

Did you know the laugh track for pretty much every US show made between the 1950s and 1980s used the different combinations of the same laughs? One bloke built a machine full of RTRs with laughs he taped and he could build various combinations. All the studios hired him to do the laugh tracks on everything, he was the only game in town for three decades
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

I hope someone duffed him up, real bad...tosser.

Yeah I got the series dvd and it was full of this canned shit. I gave it away as it was unwatchable
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Dad's Army.. 1971 TV Movie

again from my Apple library.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The Godfather 2. Great sequel this. Maybe even better than first

My Apple library again.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    I hope someone duffed him up, real bad...tosser.

Yeah I got the series dvd and it was full of this canned shit. I gave it away as it was unwatchable
    There is a version where you can select laugh track on or off. I sort of get used to it but it does make it a less-good show, no doubt about it. They didn't want a laugh track originally but the network insisted.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

wild china
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm James.

Watched Falling Down with Michael Douglas last night, granted, im not watching right nowseemed to have past me by 20 odd years ago ,I liked it, he's really angry at the world, feel like that myself sometimes
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    Watched Falling Down with Michael Douglas last night, granted, im not watching right nowseemed to have past me by 20 odd years ago ,I liked it, he's really angry at the world, feel like that myself sometimes
    Good film that, saw it at the cinema when it came out.
    Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread