+ Reply to Thread
Page 1102 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 10260210021052109211001101110211031104111211521202 ... LastLast
Results 11,011 to 11,020 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

good film, i always say that when i ve watched it. lol .. russell crowe learned to play violin for the part; saying it was hardest thing he'd ever done.

6 stars for its reality it deserves...
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The Lavander Hill Mob, 1951.... Directed by Charles Crichton.

Ealing Studios, planning a bank robbery movie, asked the Bank of England to devise a way in which a million pounds sterling could be stolen from the bank. A special committee was created to come up with an idea, and their plan is the one used in this movie.

Audrey Hepburn (Chiquita) was considered for a larger role in this movie, but stage work made her unavailable. Sir Alec Guinness was impressed with the young actress and arranged for her to appear in a bit part. This is considered to be Hepburn's first appearance in a major movie.

During the filming of the scene where Holland and Pendlebury are pursuing the Eiffel tower paper weights in Paris, Alec Guinness and Stanley Holloway both nearly fell off the real Eiffel tower. How this came about, has never been revealed.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The Seven-Per-Cent Solution, 1976. directed by Herbert Ross and written by Nicholas Meyer. stars Nicol Williamson, Robert Duvall, Alan Arkin, and Laurence Olivier.
    This is the Reg A bluray version.

While the book showed Dr. Sigmund Freud with a daughter, the child he had in real life, the movie showed him with a make-believe son, because Dr. Anna Freud threatened a lawsuit if she was included. Since her father was dead, she had no control over how he was portrayed.

Holmes' use of cocaine was alluded to in the Basil Rathbone version of The Hound of the Baskervilles (1939), the last line of the movie being Holmes saying, "Oh Watson, the needle." The line was deleted by censors in 1939, but was later restored with the 1975 re-release of the movie. The line is often misquoted as "Quick, Watson! The needle."
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

"Watson, I'll trouble you for the service revolver" classic line

an excellent, if rarely seen film over here.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

I believe Nicol Williamson was regarded as 'difficult' by some.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I believe Nicol Williamson was regarded as 'difficult' by some.
    i think he could be, yes, especially on stage.. might have been live stress as he seems to have been a different man in films.. smoked like a lum too
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Crossed Swords(AKA, The Prince And The Pauper in UK)1977. Directed by Richard Fleischer and has an all star cast including Oliver Reed, Ernest Borgnine, Raquel Welch, George C. Scott, Charlton Heston, Sir Rex Harrison, and Mark Lester, playing the dual role of Edward VI of England and Tom Canty.

This is the Region A Bluray version.

Although playing a nine-year-old, Mark Lester was actually seventeen, going on eighteen at the time of filming, and a drunken Oliver Reed brought a prostitute as a gift for Mark Lester to celebrate his birthday on July 11, 1976(typical Ollie eh).

Charlton Heston, Raquel Welch, Oliver Reed, and Sybil Danning also appeared together in two previous Alexander Salkind and Ilya Salkind productions, The Three Musketeers (1973) and The Four Musketeers (1974). All three films were also written by George MacDonald Fraser, and produced by Pierre Spengler.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, 2003.. first of the series...possibly the best too.

Geoffrey Rush has a theory that people watch the screen from left to right, just like when they read a book. Therefore, he tried to be in the left side of the screen as often as possible. He was particularly intent on doing this in the scenes with the monkey and Keira Knightley, because he didn't think anyone would look at him otherwise.

Keira Knightley claimed she was so sure she was going to get fired after a few days work on this film, she only packed a few things to go with her to start filming.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The Cheap Detective, 1978. It stars Peter Falk as Lou Peckinpaugh, a parody of Humphrey Bogart. The film is a parody of Bogart films such as Casablanca and The Maltese Falcon.

The ensemble cast includes Madeline Kahn, Louise Fletcher, Ann-Margret, Eileen Brennan, Stockard Channing, Marsha Mason, Sid Caesar, John Houseman, Dom DeLuise, Abe Vigoda, James Coco, Phil Silvers, Fernando Lamas, Nicol Williamson, Scatman Crothers, Vic Tayback and Paul Williams.

The farewell scene between Lou Peckinpaugh (Peter Falk) and Marlene DuChard (Louise Fletcher) was shot on the same soundstage that was used for the Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman farewell in Casablanca (1942)

The name of the bar, Nix Place, is a spoof of the bar Rick's Place from Casablanca (1942). Neil Simon claimed that Warner Brothers had saved light fixtures and decorations from Humphrey Bogart's club in Casablanca (1942), allowing them to be re-used as props for Charles B. Pierce's Nix Place set. He also claimed some of the original waiters were re-used as well.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Deep Impact, 1998.

A giant object from space struck the general area of the Eastern Seaboard where "Biederman" impacted in the film. Hitting the Norfolk, Virginia vicinity, it created the huge, now-buried, Chesapeake Bay impact crater.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread