+ Reply to Thread
Page 670 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 1705706206606686696706716726807207701170 ... LastLast
Results 6,691 to 6,700 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post

Wild China. Narration by Bernard Hill...(yosser)
    Gis a job, I can do that, I can narrate, go on gis a job
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

We're no Angels. 1955.

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Now Harlem Nights. 1989.

Quality film this
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Original and best 1956 Invasion of the Bodysnatchers

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Finish up with some red dwarf.. Series 5 actually.. Top entertainment that will last for ever.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

HG Wells The War of the Worlds. 1953...Starring Gene Barry and Ann Robinson.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Saw that at the pictures when it came out. Thought it was brilliant. I was only nine though.

I still watch it whenever it comes on. Arguably the best of the three. The Kenneth More one is easily the worst.
    I used to like the Robert Donat version, not sure I've seen the Robert Powell one.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

I'm Lawrence.

HG Wells The War of the Worlds. 1953...Starring Gene Barry and Ann Robinson.

Is that the one with the red green and blue eye pods? Terrible film, in terms of the book anyway. It shouldn't have been given the same name, I wouldn't have minded it so much then.

I'm Lawrence.

Original and best 1956 Invasion of the Bodysnatchers

Is that about the young boy who sees everyone fall down a hole just over the brow of a hill and turn into aliens? Absolutely love that film.

I'm Martin.

Star Trek: 'Beyond'

Like a bit of trek me but this one isn't as good as the previous two. It's funny that a lot of films from the fifties through to the seventies suffer from the pacing being just too slow whereas now the pacing is too fast and there's no time to get into the characters. The new Star Wars films have the same problem.

Still worth a watch though, has a few good moments.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread