+ Reply to Thread
Page 229 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 1291792192272282292302312392793297291229 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,290 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm joe.

I'm not watching anything much at the moment. Went to see 'Gone Girl' in Dublin at the cinema a week or so back. What's it about? It's about an hour too long.

I'm rupert.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    TONIGHT I'M GETTING ROUND TO WATCHING "2 DAYS IN THE VALLEY" with Danny Aiello ......a recommendation from Geoff I think.....
    Good recommendation... enjoyed that
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

The Cruel Sea (1953) - Film 4 +1

One of the finest maritime war films ever made, moving, haunting and a pretty accurate portrayal of life on the convoys in a Flower Class corvette. Based on Nicholas Monsarrat's book of the same title, with a screen play written by Eric Ambler (literary thriller writer) the film tells the story of the Compass Rose during her convoy runs and ultimate destruction by a torpedo. The film pulls no punches, though Amblers screen play omits some of the most horrible aspects of the original book. The fight for survival on the raft after the Compass Rose is sunk is particularly harrowing as one by one the survivors die, from exposure, and fatigue.as is the sound of men screaming from somewhere deep within the ship as she begins to sink.

During the filming, Jack Hawkins saved Donald Sinden life from drowning.

I have met men who served in the Merchant Navy and Navy, on the Atlantic and Russian convoys and my respect and admiration for what they did grows every time I watch films like this. On a personal note this was one of my Dads favourite films, so watching it is a reminder of his no longer being around.

More here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cru...281953_film%29

Regards Neil

I'm Grant.

yes Neil a superb film. an old friend of mine long dead was on the russian convoys and said it was much worse than you could imagine at times. he liked this one too.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Going to watch the next part of David Attenbourgh's Life Story next then maybe my new blu ray purchase of A Night to Remember(digitally remastered)
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

A Night to Remember(digitally remastered)....it is very well done; contrasts are superb as is clarity. Another success from the ITV restoraton studios.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Ice Age 2.......never fails to make me smile.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Keeping up the spirits...in more than one way, on to ice age 3.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Just finished Life Story (Attenbourgh) which was very good, and now some real action with Mark Wahlberg as "SHOOTER". A rather god film this and very well portrayed by an underrated actor.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread