+ Reply to Thread
Page 1041 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 41541941991103110391040104110421043105110911141 ... LastLast
Results 10,401 to 10,410 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Doctor at Large 1957. directed by Ralph Thomas, and the 3rd in series of 7.

The film was the second most popular movie of the year at the British box office, after High Society.
    When I was in primary school my mate's dad was the spitting image of James Robertson Justice, and he was a doctor too. Can't watch those films without thinking it's him.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    When I was in primary school my mate's dad was the spitting image of James Robertson Justice, and he was a doctor too. Can't watch those films without thinking it's him.
    he was a good actor.. he was a linguist too and spoke several languages very well.french and german perfectly
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    he was a good actor.. he was a linguist too and spoke several languages very well.french and german perfectly
    Just looked him up, he had an amazing life, he was a gold miner, he fought in the Spanish Civil War and WW2, died penniless in 1975 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Robertson_Justice
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Just looked him up, he had an amazing life, he was a gold miner, he fought in the Spanish Civil War and WW2, died penniless in 1975 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Robertson_Justice
    I read that, it's interesting. I get the impression his younger life was something between 'adventurous' and 'directionless' .
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I read that, it's interesting. I get the impression his younger life was something between 'adventurous' and 'directionless' .
    The two usually go hand in hand...
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

Crocodile Dundee II, 1988. Paul Hogan and Linda Kozlowski reprise their roles as Mick Dundee and Sue Charlton.

again this did well.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Little Nicky, 2000.. fantasy comedy film directed by Steven Brill, written by Brill, Adam Sandler, and Tim Herlihy, and starring Sandler, Patricia Arquette, Harvey Keitel, Rhys Ifans, Tommy "Tiny" Lister Jr., and Rodney Dangerfield.

Universally disliked; except me.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

One for budding princesses now.. Matilda, 1996. fantasy comedy film co-produced and directed by Danny DeVito, from a screenplay written by Nicholas Kazan and Robin Swicord. Based on Roald Dahl's popular 1988 novel of the same name, the film stars Mara Wilson as the title character with DeVito (who also served a dual role as the narrator), Rhea Perlman, Embeth Davidtz and Pam Ferris in supporting roles.

The film was well liked but failed t the box office oddly.

As of September 2020, on Rotten Tomatoes, Matilda had an approval rating of 90% based on 21 reviews with an average rating of 7.48/10. The website's critical consensus read, "Danny DeVito-directed version of Matilda is odd, charming, and while the movie diverges from Roald Dahl, it nonetheless captures the book's spirit."
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The Four Feathers, 1939.. This is the Criterion bluray and is superb. this film is still the best version and still looks a lot younger than 82.

Directed by Hungarian Zoltan Korda, and stars John Clements, Ralph Richardson, June Duprez, and C. Aubrey Smith(who was a big cricketer once and also leader of the Hollywood Raj.

Aubrey Smith. and as he was in film...

The film still has a 100% freshness rating from Rotten Tomatoes. The only let down for me was John Laurie as the Khalifa Abdullah, as he still looks like and sounds like a Private Fraser I will say the book by A E W Mason is a lot different, although in many ways i quite like the way the film handled the story too.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Rio Bravo, 1959. Starring John Wayne, Dean Martin, Ricky Nelson, Angie Dickinson, Walter Brennan and Ward Bond.

As was often the case in a John Wayne Western, Wayne wore his "Red River D" belt buckle in the movie. It can be clearly seen in the scene where Nathan Burdette comes to visit his brother Joe in the jail where he is being held for the U.S. Marshal about 60 minutes into the film.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread