+ Reply to Thread
Page 1040 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 40540940990103010381039104010411042105010901140 ... LastLast
Results 10,391 to 10,400 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

The Bourne Supremacy, 2004.

There were no plans to make a sequel to The Bourne Identity (2002) when it was conceived. Matt Damon commented, "When The Bourne Identity came out I said, 'There is very little chance we will do a second film, just because nobody on the team who made the first wants to make another movie if it can't be as good as, or better than, the first one.'" According to producer Frank Marshall, the plot for the sequel was not only based on the novel The Bourne Supremacy but also on Bourne's threat in the first film to come after the CIA if it targeted him. Producer Paul L. Sandberg felt that screenwriter Tony Gilroy's deviating so much from the book was necessary "because so much of the world has changed" since 1986, when the sequel was first published. Marshall said that Gilroy thought of an idea that Bourne "would go on what amounts to the samurai's journey, this journey of atonement."
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Prefer Carry on Camping (that's a pound) or Carry on Abroad

(Kenneth Williams) "My name is Stuart Farquhar, the representative of Wundatours."
    (Peter Butterworth) "Stupid what?"
    (Kenneth Williams) "STUART. STUART FARQUHAR."
    (Peter Butterworth) "Ahh, you Mr. Farqiarse."
    when I was at my brothers for Xmas the children were watching some shite so I switched over to Carry On Camping. Howls of protest from the children which naturally I ignored. Within 30 seconds they were laughing.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

The second of the carry on's now. Carry On Nurse., 1959. Shirley Eaton, Kenneth Connor, Charles Hawtrey and Hattie Jacques star among many...

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Made in 1972, this is FRENZY. Directed by Hitch and stars Barry Foster.

film did well at box office and was well liked and reviewed. Hitch back to his best.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Made in 1972, this is FRENZY. Directed by Hitch and stars Barry Foster.
    Serious film there Grant, if a bit grim. "Lovely! Lovely! Lovely!"

(Got the DVD)
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Serious film there Grant, if a bit grim. "Lovely! Lovely! Lovely!"

(Got the DVD)
    yeah a grizzly film at times and yet it goes along at a pace that keeps it, almost fun barry foster did very well in a difficult role.. michael caine refused it
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Heaven Can Wait, 1978. Warren Beatty stars.

Former owner : He got my team. The son of a bitch got my team.

Advisor to former owner : What kind of pressure did he use, Milt?

Former owner : Well, I asked for sixty-seven million, and he said "okay."

Advisor to former owner : Ruthless bastard.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Saturday morning and "The Ipcress File", 1965, starring Michael Caine.

The first of 3 harry palmer films
    Yep - the first and the best!
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Carry On Sergeant, 1958, starring William Hartnell, Bob Monkhouse, Shirley Eaton and Eric Barker.

The first of the 31 films.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Doctor at Large 1957. directed by Ralph Thomas, and the 3rd in series of 7.

The film was the second most popular movie of the year at the British box office, after High Society.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread