+ Reply to Thread
Page 1229 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 22972911291179121912271228122912301231123912791329 ... LastLast
Results 12,281 to 12,290 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

The Cat and the Canary, 1939... bluray directed by Elliot Nugent... reg a disc...

Many people believe that the lawyer's name (Crosby) is an in-joke reference to the Bob Hope(I)/Bing Crosby pairing. In fact it's a coincidence; this was the character's name in the stage play as well as the two previous film versions. Moreover, Hope and Crosby did not make a film together until Road to Singapore (1940) the following year.

In one scene at the beginning of the movie, a crocodile is shown swimming through the bayou. If you look closely at its snout, you can see tape, preventing it from opening its mouth.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

6.10pm today on Talking Pictures TV, 'Two Way Stretch' with Peter Sellers & crew. One of the best sixties comedies, great fun!

It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    6.10pm today on Talking Pictures TV, 'Two Way Stretch' with Peter Sellers & crew. One of the best sixties comedies, great fun!

just watching that now... was wondering what to put on
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The Mouse on the Moon, 1963..

Ron Moody was only four years older than Bernard Cribbins, who played his son Vincent.

The American premier was held at Cape Canaveral, Florida, where cast members mingled with NASA astronauts.
    Last edited by struth; 18-08-2022 at 17:21.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Paul, 2011...

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

A good take-on, and spoof of films about extra-terrestrials.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

some needed humour now with... Throw Momma from the Train, 1987.

When Larry reads the book title "100 Girls I'd Like to Pork", the word "pork" is clearly dubbed in, because he is saying something else, most likely "fuck", which you cannot say in a sexual context without receiving an R rating from the MPAA. The word "pork" is at a different volume and doesn't match his lip movement.

The movie was set in 1987, the present day. At the end of the movie, Larry and Owen meet again the next year, 1988, and Larry asks "How's Momma?" to which Owen replies "Dead." Sadly, Anne Ramsey did die in 1988, a year after the movie was released.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

I watched 'The Big Country' 1958 once again on 5 ACTION channel last night. I'd forgotten what a superb movie it was, a proper treat!

It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

upload image

'10 Rillington Place' (1971)

Richard Attenborough is serial-killer John Christie in a fairly accurate re-telling of the real-life events.

Good film this mainly because Attenborough and John Hurt both give very convincing performances. Ludovic Kennedy, who wrote a book about it, was a technical advisor, as was hangman Albert Pierrepont, who was brought in to ensure the hanging scene was as accurate as possible.

The exterior shots in the film were on the actual location. The street was renamed in the 1950s and then the whole area demolished completely not long after the film was made. It has since been re-developed beyond recognition. The street no longer exists under any name.

Christie had a high IQ but his big problem was disposing of the bodies. He buried some in the back yard but his dog was digging them up. An initial police search failed to find the shallow graves, or notice that a human femur was propping up the fence.

With the yard full, Christie resorted to stashing corpses in an alcove of his kitchen and then wallpapering over it. They were discovered when a new tenant attempted to fit brackets for a shelf he was putting up. At his trial Christie pleaded insanity but the jury didn't buy it and he was hanged.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post

upload image

'10 Rillington Place' (1971)

Richard Attenborough is serial-killer John Christie in a fairly accurate re-telling of the real-life events.

Good film this mainly because Attenborough and John Hurt both give very convincing performances. Ludovic Kennedy, who wrote a book about it, was a technical advisor, as was hangman Albert Pierrepont, who was brought in to ensure the hanging scene was as accurate as possible.

The exterior shots in the film were on the actual location. The street was renamed in the 1950s and then the whole area demolished completely not long after the film was made. It has since been re-developed beyond recognition. The street no longer exists under any name.

Christie had a high IQ but his big problem was disposing of the bodies. He buried some in the back yard but his dog was digging them up. An initial police search failed to find the shallow graves, or notice that a human femur was propping up the fence.

With the yard full, Christie resorted to stashing corpses in an alcove of his kitchen and then wallpapering over it. They were discovered when a new tenant attempted to fit brackets for a shelf he was putting up. At his trial Christie pleaded insanity but the jury didn't buy it and he was hanged.
    yeah, timothy evens got a short drop which they couldnt sort of make right too...think they gave him a queens pardon(which im sure chuffed him to his knickers) ..very good, chilling and realistic film.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread