+ Reply to Thread
Page 1228 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 22872811281178121812261227122812291230123812781328 ... LastLast
Results 12,271 to 12,280 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Steve.

Been watching "Stranger Things" on Netflix this last few weeks. I had assumed it was a kids' thing. It isn't. We're on season 4 now.

I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

Clue, 1985....

Three endings were shot, and a different one shown at each theatre. All three are included on video. The DVD, however, aside from all three endings, also offers the option to play the movie with one randomly selected ending. In some cities, the newspaper print ads indicated which version ("Ending A", "Ending B", or "Ending C") was being shown at each theatre.

Madeline Kahn's short "Flames...on the side of my face" monologue about her hatred for Yvette the French maid was ad-libbed.

The entire house is a set, except for the ballroom, which was shot on-location at a mansion in Pasadena, California.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Murder by Decree, 1979...

Although Sherlock Holmes is a fictional character, and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle never wrote a story about Jack the Ripper, the idea of Holmes working on that case is not entirely without basis in fact. Joseph Bell, who inspired the character of Sherlock Holmes, was consulted by Scotland Yard on the case.

The replica nineteenth century dockland set took two months and fifty men to construct at Shepperton Studio's largest soundstage. The set also included a replica muddy Thames River.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Gary.

"Prey" was superb.

As good as (and hate to say it...possibly better?) than the original.
    (Keeping vague to avoid spoilers)

Its terrifying, a real back to basics horror movie version of something familiar.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    "Prey" was superb.

As good as (and hate to say it...possibly better?) than the original.
    (Keeping vague to avoid spoilers)

Its terrifying, a real back to basics horror movie version of something familiar.
    awaiting its bluray release. thats the commanche version yes?
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Gary.

Yeah Grant.
    Its superb.

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Murder by Decree, 1979...

Although Sherlock Holmes is a fictional character, and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle never wrote a story about Jack the Ripper, the idea of Holmes working on that case is not entirely without basis in fact. Joseph Bell, who inspired the character of Sherlock Holmes, was consulted by Scotland Yard on the case.

The replica nineteenth century dockland set took two months and fifty men to construct at Shepperton Studio's largest soundstage. The set also included a replica muddy Thames River.
    Do you know... I don't think I've ever seen that.

I love the originals with Rathbone. Very cheesy and innocent now but they're still a good watch.

Sent from my 9001X using Tapatalk
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    Do you know... I don't think I've ever seen that.

I love the originals with Rathbone. Very cheesy and innocent now but they're still a good watch.

Sent from my 9001X using Tapatalk
    its pretty good for its time. great cast too
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

My Favorite Brunette, 1947...Film Noir Parody.

Included among the American Film Institute's 2000 list of the 500 movies nominated for the Top 100 Funniest American Movies.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

A Call to Spy, 2019...

After shooting, lead actress Sarah Megan Thomas's left Achilles tendon ruptured. The rupture occurred due to complications of playing Virginia Hall on screen (a historical character with a wooden left leg). Thomas needed surgery and extensive rehab to repair the tendon.

Monopoly games really were used in WWII to help people escape. Allied intelligence sent packages to their POWs that featured clandestine escape kits, which included tools like compasses, metal files, money, and, most importantly, maps all disguised as parts of the game.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread