+ Reply to Thread
Page 1181 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 18168110811131117111791180118111821183119112311281 ... LastLast
Results 11,801 to 11,810 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Interesting as thats next,... Carry On Screaming!, 1966. Fenella Fielding is smoking hot

As a merchandising gimmick at some theatres, one could purchase rubberized toy monsters called "Kreepy Kwivers" for the cost of 12/6 ($1.75).

Harry H. Corbett, who was a late replacement for Sid James, was paid Ł12,000 for his role, the most a "Carry On: actor had ever been offered at that point.

Fenella Fielding couldn't sit down in her dress, and had a leaning board behind her whenever she had to.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Roundup the carry-ons with 'Carry On Cabby', 1963.

Charles Hawtrey was unable to drive, and was given 1 hour lessons 3 times a day for 3 weeks by Pinewood Studio staff and passed his test on the Friday before filming began.
    Amanda Barrie couldn't drive, so the production staff attached a rope to the front of her taxi and towed her out of the shot when the drivers were supposed to drive off in an overhead shot.

The Glamcabs were a brand new model of car from the Ford Motor Company, the Cortina, and Ford's involvement in the film was, on their part, to promote the new car. Introduced to the market in September 1962, the Cortina became a classic of British Ford, passing through five models over twenty years, before its eventual replacement in 1982 was given a new name, the Sierra. Some of the film posters were sponsored by Ford who supplied the cars; registration numbers OWC 164 to OWC 170. The posters used the slogan "Britain's Newest Film Star - The new Consul Cortina Super - The small car with the big difference".

Many of the extras for Charlie's cab company were actual taxi drivers.

The double deck bus in one of the scenes has the destination board "Bonkle". This bus is far traveled as Bonkle is a small village in North Lanarkshire, Scotland.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Murder by Decree, 1979.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Death on the Nile, 2022. Director Kenneth Branagh..

Tiffany & Co designed jewelry worn in the film, most prominently featured is Linnet's diamond necklace. The necklace features a replica of the Tiffany Yellow Diamond, one of the largest yellow diamonds ever discovered. First discovered in South Africa in 1877; as of 2022, it has only been worn publicly by four women. At the 1957 Tiffany Ball, it was worn by Mrs. E. Sheldon Whitehouse. It was worn by Audrey Hepburn for Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961) publicity photos. Lady Gaga wore the diamond at the The Oscars (2019). Beyoncé wore the necklace in a campaign with Tiffany in 2021.

In both this film and Murder on the Orient Express (2017), Poirot shows signs of being obsessive compulsive (Letitia Wright's character even calls him "obsessive" at one point). His need for balance and symmetry is shown when he sends back one of the desserts so that he has an even number and when he straightens the feet of one of the victims. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (or OCD) is considered a relatively new discovery, but the term was actually coined in 1877 by German psychiatrist Carl Westphal.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Much better than expected. Not sure what all the criticism was for....

anyhoo, Enemy Of The State, 1998..

The N.S.A. refused to cooperate with the production. Aerial footage of their headquarters in Fort Meade, Maryland had to be shot from public air space.

The picture of a younger Gene Hackman shown in a white shirt and tie, supposedly from his N.S.A. file, was taken from The Conversation (1974). Hackman's character Edward "Brill" Lyle, closely resembles his "Conversation" character, Harry Caul. In The Conversation (1974), Harry Caul, like Brill, is a paranoid surveillance expert who has his workplace in an industrial warehouse. Also, Brill wears the same translucent raincoat worn by Harry Caul in the previous movie. In the movie Harry Caul (like Robert Clayton Dean in this movie) is pressured to hand over a tape that has evidence of a murder conspiracy. At the end of The Conversation (1974), Caul demolishes his apartment when he thinks people who have been observing him might be coming for him. It's been suggested by more than one movie critic that Brill could actually be an older Harry Caul, living under a pseudonym.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Enemy Of The State, 1998.
    Very good movie!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Big Jake, 1971. Classic Big Duke western...

In 1971, owing to the success of this film, John Wayne was number one at the U.S. box office for the last time.

Director George Sherman was a friend of John Wayne dating back to their days in the 1930s making westerns at Republic Pictures. By the time of this film, however, Sherman was aging and not in the best of health, and had a difficult time shooting in the wilds of Mexico, where much of the movie was filmed. On the days when Sherman was unable to shoot because of his health conditions, Wayne took over direction, but when the film was completed he insisted that Sherman alone be credited as director.

John Wayne's last film with Christopher Mitchum. The two actors fell out when Mitchum disagreed with Wayne's conservative views during a television interview, and they never spoke again. Mitchum tried to get in touch with Wayne in 1979 when the veteran star was dying of cancer, but did not receive any response.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Death on the Nile, 2022. Director Kenneth Branagh..

Tiffany & Co designed jewelry worn in the film, most prominently featured is Linnet's diamond necklace. The necklace features a replica of the Tiffany Yellow Diamond, one of the largest yellow diamonds ever discovered. First discovered in South Africa in 1877; as of 2022, it has only been worn publicly by four women. At the 1957 Tiffany Ball, it was worn by Mrs. E. Sheldon Whitehouse. It was worn by Audrey Hepburn for Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961) publicity photos. Lady Gaga wore the diamond at the The Oscars (2019). Beyoncé wore the necklace in a campaign with Tiffany in 2021.

In both this film and Murder on the Orient Express (2017), Poirot shows signs of being obsessive compulsive (Letitia Wright's character even calls him "obsessive" at one point). His need for balance and symmetry is shown when he sends back one of the desserts so that he has an even number and when he straightens the feet of one of the victims. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (or OCD) is considered a relatively new discovery, but the term was actually coined in 1877 by German psychiatrist Carl Westphal.
    Is it any good Grant? I really disliked his version of 'Murder on the Orient Express': too much build up, too much CGI and considerable deviation from the book, but then Sidney Lumet's version took certain liberties with the book.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Is it any good Grant? I really disliked his version of 'Murder on the Orient Express': too much build up, too much CGI and considerable deviation from the book, but then Sidney Lumet's version took certain liberties with the book.
    it certainly isnt book per say but its well done and enjoyable. im a great lover of the poirot series but this was also very good.
    i'd say watch it per say and not with total expectation of what you think it should be
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The Fugitive, 1993.

I remember the original series from 60's. my elder sister was in love with David Janssen lol... the start of show went a bit like this...

Now six months a fugitive, this is Richard Kimble with a new identity, and for as long as it is safe, a new name: James Lincoln. He thinks of the day when he might find the man with one arm, but now is now, and this is how it is with him. Another journey, another place.

Harrison Ford damaged some ligaments in his leg during the filming of the scenes in the woods. He refused to take surgery until the end of filming so that his character would keep the limp. The limp can be seen in any subsequent scene where Richard Kimble is running.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread