+ Reply to Thread
Page 1108 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 10860810081058109811061107110811091110111811581208 ... LastLast
Results 11,071 to 11,080 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Throw Momma from the Train, 1987. directed by Danny DeVito.

When Larry reads the book title "100 Girls I'd Like to Pork", the word "pork" is clearly dubbed in, because he is saying something else, most likely "fuck", which you cannot say in a sexual context without receiving an R rating from the MPAA. The word "pork" is at a different volume and doesn't match his lip movement.

Anne Ramsey's speech impediment was caused by operations she underwent in order to treat throat cancer. During filming, Ramsey was undergoing additional oral surgery and endured intense pain. However, according to director Danny DeVito, she never requested to be excused from work. "Momma" went on to become Ramsey's most critically-lauded performance, culminating with Academy Award nomination for Best Supporting Actress in 1988.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Danny again from the year before.. Ruthless People...

fabulous comedy
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Apish fun now with... War for the Planet of the Apes, 2017, directed by Matt Reeves. This is the 4k version.

Matt Reeves also pointed out that the apes in Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011) and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (2014) don't wear clothing. The ape society seen in Planet of the Apes (1968) wears clothing, and Bad Ape is also supposed to be the start of a progression in this direction. To survive in a harsh winter, he wears heavy winter coats he scavenged. This is primarily assisted by the fact that he is bald, similarly to Rocket. However, while Rocket likely has Alopecia, Bad Ape seems to have lost his hair from old age.

When Maurice speaks to the human child with her new name "Nova... No-va," the dialogue is the actual voice of Charlton Heston speaking the same words to Linda Harrison in Planet of the Apes (1968). The voice has been electronically altered, but is still clearly recognizable
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Yankee Doodle Dandy, 1942. Jimmy Cagney showing off his dancing spurs as George M. Cohan, known as "The Man Who Owned Broadway".
    James Cagney became the first actor to win the Best Actor Academy Award for a musical performance.

Walking down the stairs at the White House, James Cagney goes into a tap dance. According to TCM, that was completely ad-libbed.
    James Cagney broke a rib while filming a dance scene, but continued dancing until it was completed.

Despite failing health, the real George M. Cohan acted briefly as a consultant on the film. He lived long enough to see the finished result and approved wholeheartedly of James Cagney's depiction of himself.

Joan Leslie portrays Mary Cohan, aging from 18 to 57 throughout proceedings. Leslie turned 17 during the production of the film. The fact that she was still attending school during production caused numerous delays.
    Last edited by struth; 25-01-2022 at 18:53.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Watching the DVD of the Coen brothers 'Blood Simple' 1984, with Frances McDormand, Dan Hedaya and M Emmet Walsh.

Thought I'd seen it before, but doesn't look familiar. Supposed to be good!

It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Watching the DVD of the Coen brothers 'Blood Simple' 1984
    I enjoyed that, nice and mean, good film! A keeper I think .
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Steve.

I enjoyed that, nice and mean, good film! A keeper I think .
    Coen brothers films are usually excellent. Particularly like Oh Brother Where Art Thou, Big Lebowski and Fargo. Don't remember seeing Blood Simple though.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I think I have at some time seen all of the Coen brothers' films, either at my film club or on TV. Most all pretty good and well worth watching.

The only film I thought was poor was their remake of 'The Ladykillers'. It in no way improved over the 1955 Ealing comedy.
    Barry

I'm sorted.

Watching the DVD of the Coen brothers 'Blood Simple'
    Recall that film more for the use of one of my favourite Motown numbers than anything else

I'm Steve.

And this from "The Big Lebowski" is a favourite of mine:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...ZfhYUJEH8g_Vz7
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread