+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 1486 FirstFirst 123412521025021002 ... LastLast

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

MartinT Guest

I've watched three excellent films lately and one dire one:

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo: thought provoking and very well performed although it strays a little from the excellent book. Noomi Rapace is superb as the complex Lisbeth.

The American: really well paced (slow) film about a creator of weapons for assasins. Wonderful Italian village locations, the usual thorough performance from Clooney and three incredible women to look at.

A Single Man: fabulous performance by Firth but for me the star was Tom Ford, the director. If this was his debut then I think he has a very bright future. Wonderful use of light and colour to depict thoughts and flashbacks. Truly sumptuous viewing in hi-def.

The turd? Knight and Day. The less said about this steaming pile of manure the better.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Haven't watched a good movie in months, but did watch Avatar on Sky HD over Christmas. Twice. Didn't think it would be my thing, but amazing to look at, if not an original story.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    The turd? Knight and Day. The less said about this steaming pile of manure the better.
    Cheers Martin, i always wonder about new stuff until i hear some kind of review

I'll steer clear... Yes, Noomi Rapace could be a goer, just waiting for Dragon Tattoo (blu ray) to get below £5 + delivery.... Won't be long
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Haven't watched a good movie in months, but did watch Avatar on Sky HD over Christmas. Twice. Didn't think it would be my thing, but amazing to look at, if not an original story.
    Alex, if you thought it was good then you really should see the collectors edition I say this simply because it makes the whole thing jell

I really like the original film but the extended version makes a whole lot more sense as it ties everything in superbly. They should have released the extended version first...

Something tells me wonga (spondooliks - money) was the issue As in they want to make loads of it
    Bests, Mark

MartinT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Reid Malenfant View Post
    just waiting for Dragon Tattoo (blu ray) to get below £5 + delivery.... Won't be long
    I have the 2nd film, The Girl Who Played With Fire, arriving tomorrow as it's just been released on Blu-ray.

If you like books, the trilogy are a superb read. Very sad that Stieg Larson didn't live to see their success.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    If you like books, the trilogy are a superb read. Very sad that Stieg Larson didn't live to see their success.
    Indeed, but at least he'll hopefully be remembered now

Yes i love books Martin, far better than anything imo You can conjure up what you see in your mind yourself & kind of make it real, more so than a film as i think you have far more to go on as there are no time constraints

Films are just cut down versions with only the bare minimum covered quite often imo. The original story can be lost.
    Bests, Mark

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Alex, if you thought it was good then you really should see the collectors edition
    Cheers chap, I shall seek that out - more amazingly, Mrs Alex loved it, and she hates sci-fi, and can barely stand action films... go figure!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Cheers chap, I shall seek that out - more amazingly, Mrs Alex loved it, and she hates sci-fi, and can barely stand action films... go figure!
    Has she seen Dancing With Wolves & did she like it?
    Bests, Mark

I'm Neil.

Next thing I will be watching on DVD will be the Video Collection of Mylene Farmer (OOLA LAH ) when it arrives in the post from Amazon.

Imagine Kate Bush meets Kylie Minogue, meets Madonna.....and your still not really there...oh yes she sings in French.

Several somewhat sexy videos on there

Regards D S D L

Baraka...

Or how we are making a bit of a mess of things in all honesty

Fantastic video quality, haunting soundtrack, shame about the planet Earth
    Just watching & listening to the end of this now...

If you want to see a quality 1080P video then this is it Some of it isn't pretty due to our westernised human sensitivities but it's a top quality video transfer & imo it's worth a watch or 4 or more

Just incredible, scary as well in a certain way.

Much as i love films i genuinely feel this extraordinary documentary of video & sound will blow your mind.....

Best blu ray i have ever purchased The most moving thing i have probably ever seen & a few times to come to that...
    Bests, Mark

+ Reply to Thread