+ Reply to Thread
Page 856 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 3567568068468548558568578588669069561356 ... LastLast
Results 8,551 to 8,560 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Steve.

I did see "Shaft" and "Shaft's Big Score when they came out (starring Richard Roundtree). Really liked them, but probably haven't stood the test of time.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I did see "Shaft" and "Shaft's Big Score when they came out (starring Richard Roundtree). Really liked them, but probably haven't stood the test of time.
    not seen the originals for a long time.. never see them.. sure ive got shaft somewhere tho
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    What's your view on oriental women, Geoff?

I find many Chinese or Japanese women really pretty (small and petite with dark hair), and what also makes them attractive (for me) is that they're almost always very feminine and dress that way, too. You rarely see them slobbing about in leggings or behaving like men!

They like to embrace their femininity. In that respect, Rachel Khoo is really cute: https://thehappyfoodie.co.uk/article...-food-memories

And she can cook, too!

Marco.
    https://youtu.be/XYV-e5tUsD4?t=12

Specially for Marco

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Martin.

Don't forget 'Shaft In Africa.'

Watched them all again a while back. They're all pretty bad, only the original is watchable and that's mainly for the soundtrack. That remake is lousy as well.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Lol - interesting, but a little too tarty for me, and I'm not into tattoos.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Check out this video...Most are pretty hot, but probably No 2, 3, 5 and 9 top the list for me, with No3 winning it (just), especially the shot of her in the white dress at 4:08:

It's that sort of super-cute/pure, petite, very girly and feminine look, which is soft and pretty [not in any way hard or butch looking], which I find rather alluring and attractive. If you can see where I'm coming from?

Although Del's not Japanese, she has that 'cute fem thing' going on.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Lol - interesting, but a little too tarty for me, and I'm not into tattoos.

Marco.
    What tattoos? Can't say I noticed. I had a feeling she may have been a bit outside your 'comfort zone' - ie looking like she wouldn't take any nonsense, and would very likely kick your ass My mate was banging on about her, but I actually prefer her co-star, when I get home I'll find something of her.

And maybe some petite, subservient geishas, complete with coy smiles and giggles I think they might be more your speed

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Geoff.

I find 'Pretty' girls a bit generic, picked to a formula if you like. Probably mostly bimbos who are more interested in looking at themselves in a mirror than looking at you. I prefer a bit of character, a bit of cute as well doesn't hurt though.

What about Amy Adams, the actress?

Looking pretty damn good for a woman in her forties. Smart too!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Yeah, she's ok for an older woman. You've got the right kind of 'look' though, Geoff. Indeed, I usually find you've got good taste in that respect

Marco.
    Main System

What tattoos? Can't say I noticed. I had a feeling she may have been a bit outside your 'comfort zone' - ie looking like she wouldn't take any nonsense, and would very likely kick your ass My mate was banging on about her, but I actually prefer her co-star, when I get home I'll find something of her.

And maybe some petite, subservient geishas, complete with coy smiles and giggles I think they might be more your speed
    Lol - trust me, I have NO problem whatsoever with feisty (non-subservient) women; indeed I'm married to one!

She's only occasionally obstreperous when someone or something really pisses her off, or she doesn't get something she *really* WANTS. It's not her 'default mode', by any means, which is as I've described previously. However, when she strops, boy she gives that a WHOLE NEW meaning - think Bjork at her worst x 10!!

You should've see her in action after she'd phoned up a restaurant in advance, when I was taking her out for her birthday, and given the staff a list of things she can't eat, being veggie/vegan [if that doesn't happen it'll usually be a disaster], one of which was parmesan (as it contains animal rennet, look it up if you need to), and guess what, she was given a risotto made with.... PARMESAN, instead of the vegan version of such, despite being warned in advance. And so I *knew* what was coming...

Her view, quite rightly, was that if she'd had a nut allergy, the same error could've killed her.

Well, let's just say that she brought the whole place to a standstill, with other diners piling out in their droves, after she'd reduced the owner (who's dismissive attitude to the situation had been dreadful) to a quivering wreck!! Trust me, you could've heard her from 3 miles away.... It was *the* definitive PRINCESS STROP!

Then she came home and totally destroyed them on Tripadvisor, as like me she has a way with words... But she's only like that if she's suitably provoked, which thankfully happens very rarely. Otherwise she's very kind, sweet, caring and affectionate.

The girl you showed a pic of was ok, but as I said not really my type, mainly because of the tattoos, which are a MAJOR turn off for me, along with piercings, which are even worse, but neither of which are as bad as the 'pouting Botox'd look', replete with rubber 'fish lips', as sadly sported now even by young women, who simply don't need it. Although, even that is not as dreadful as the, apparently fashionable, but utterly HIDEOUS 'orange look', created by applying make-up with a trowel!!

How any woman can leave the house like that, after looking in the mirror, and think that they look good, is simply beyond me....

I DETEST that overdone 'painted doll' look, with false, drawn on 'shaped eyebrows', huge false eyelashes and dollops of mascara.. YUK! It's not only totally unnatural, but incredibly aging. One of the things I like about most Japanese women, certainly those I've seen, is that they don't seem to be into 'plastering' themselves like that, and go for a much more natural look. Del's the same, which is one of the reasons why she looks younger than her age.

Oriental women tend to shun being 'Botox'd to buggery', falsifying their faces with all sorts of unnecessary embellishments, and in contrast seemingly have no desire to use make-up to 'hide behind a mask' or pump themselves full of Botox, instead embracing their femininity in a rather more unfussy, confident and naturally alluring way

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread