+ Reply to Thread
Page 1311 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 31181112111261130113091310131113121313132113611411 ... LastLast
Results 13,101 to 13,110 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    It is Grant. I can't recommend it highly enough, if there's any way you can see it I know you'll be bowled over too. Absolutely every detail has been thoroughly researched and carefully recreated. There is another series following this, called "1923", starring Harrison Ford and Helen Mirren. I have high hopes for this too, and will start watching it tonight.
    keep an eye out for them...

now the main feature... The Rock, 1996...

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Just finished watching this ten-part series last night, and it is EASILY the best thing I've seen on TV in a long time.

Tim, Sam, and Billy Bob

It's called "1883", and tells the story of veterans of the Civil War/gunfighters leading some European immigrants on the Oregon trail, and dealing with every kind of shit imaginable on the way. I've never seen anything on TV coming so close when it comes to "authenticity" (though I only have their word for it). The actors, their performances, the sets, the costumes, the scenery... just incredible.

Star of the show has to be Sam Elliot, who was born to play this part. Also starring Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, with appearances from Tom Hanks and Billy Bob Thornton. As cinematic as TV gets, a total masterpiece. Showing on Paramount +.
    I haven't seen the film, but when it comes to authenticity of 'the wild west' the BBC series 'The English' was a real eye opener, and it has to be said, at times an uncomfortable watch.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I haven't seen the film, but when it comes to authenticity of 'the wild west' the BBC series 'The English' was a real eye opener, and it has to be said, at times an uncomfortable watch.
    I've not heard of that, but I will check it out. Probably get it on BBC iPlayer.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

ive got the english on bluray. its a 2 disc 6 episode thing. first 3 were good, although deffo gritty
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Just finished watching this ten-part series last night, and it is EASILY the best thing I've seen on TV in a long time.

Tim, Sam, and Billy Bob

It's called "1883", and tells the story of veterans of the Civil War/gunfighters leading some European immigrants on the Oregon trail, and dealing with every kind of shit imaginable on the way. I've never seen anything on TV coming so close when it comes to "authenticity" (though I only have their word for it). The actors, their performances, the sets, the costumes, the scenery... just incredible.
    Try watching the BBC series 'The English' (starring Emily Blunt), for authentic depiction of the 'wild west'. Some of the scenes are eye-opening, and uncomfortable to watch.
    Barry

Not a bad film, but nowhere near as good as 'The Conversation', where Gene Hackman also plays an electronic evesdropper.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Not a bad film, but nowhere near as good as 'The Conversation', where Gene Hackman also plays an electronic evesdropper.
    yes ive got that on bluray too. i like hackman in general..

now, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, 2003...

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Try watching the BBC series 'The English' (starring Emily Blunt), for authentic depiction of the 'wild west'. Some of the scenes are eye-opening, and uncomfortable to watch.
    I like that you re-posted this, adding (starring Emily Blunt) Now I have to watch it.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread