+ Reply to Thread
Page 640 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 1405405906306386396406416426506907401140 ... LastLast
Results 6,391 to 6,400 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Lol, which is probably why it doesn't particularly appeal, as I'm not really British

Just not into that type of humour. Don't like Dad's Army, either. And can only take so much of Black Adder or Monty Python... You get the picture

Oddly enough, I loved Fawlty Towers.

Marco.
    You can say that till you're blue in the face, but you can't deny your nationality. Well you can, but we don't believe it. Any more than growing some man-boobs and tucking your bits between your legs will convince us that you're a lady If you look like a horse and you were born in a stable, the chances are you are not a wolf!

Sincerely,
    Ste (a fellow Brit)
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    You can say that till you're blue in the face, but you can't deny your nationality.
    Lol - I don't. My nationality is Scottish

In that respect. I feel Scottish, not British, which is partly why I want Scotland to become an independent country, completely divorced from England. What I dislike about 'being British', is that indirectly it often means being English, and that totally goes against the grain, as there's nothing English about me, thus it is irrelevant. English interests are of no concern to me.

So.... Scottish nationality with Italian ethnicity, ergo I'm a Scottish Italian. Themz the facts, dude

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Paul.

Watched this the other night and really enjoyed it.

Pretty harrowing in parts but that's how it actually went down so not unnecessarily so in my opinion.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    Current system:
    RPi + Allo Digione
    Beresford Caiman Seg & Dorado powered by 15v Linear PSU
    Transcendent Sound Mini Beast OTL
    Amptastic Mini-1
    Klipsch KG4.5 Speakers with Titanium Diagphrams and Sonicap Cap upgrade
    110aH Leisure Battery powers the Mini-1 & Digione

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Lol - I don't. My nationality is Scottish

In that respect. I feel Scottish, not British, which is partly why I want Scotland to become an independent country, completely divorced from England. What I dislike about 'being British', is that indirectly it often means being English, and that totally goes against the grain, as there's nothing English about me.

So.... Scottish nationality with Italian ethnicity, ergo I'm a Scottish Italian. Themz the facts, dude

Marco.
    I sympathise with you, and I think Scotland should be given the chance to 'go it alone'. It's what all my Scottish friends voted for. But don't hold your breath - even after the next Scottish referendum (if there is one) goes your way, the politicians will be dicking around for years.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Just watched the Sky Arts coverage of the Isle of Wight festival. Fine, apart from Noel Gallagher - am I the only person that hates the Gallagher brothers/Oasis...? Going to check out more of Freya Ridings, though. Lovely voice and nice song - why did we only get one of hers?
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I sympathise with you, and I think Scotland should be given the chance to 'go it alone'. It's what all my Scottish friends voted for. But don't hold your breath - even after the next Scottish referendum (if there is one) goes your way, the politicians will be dicking around for years.
    Nice one, and I agree, but don't worry, wee 'Jimmy Crankie' [A.K.A 'the Sturge'] will win the day sooner, rather than later!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Just watched the Sky Arts coverage of the Isle of Wight festival. Fine, apart from Noel Gallagher - am I the only person that hates the Gallagher brothers/Oasis...?
    Nah. Everyone does. They even hate each other.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Nah. Everyone does. They even hate each other.
    True.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Steve.

I can just about tolerate Noel, arrogant git though he is, and I actually quite like his latest single. Liam though is a tool of the highest order and my arm would never get tired punching him.

And one his efforts has just come onto Radio 2: called Shockwave, it is truly shocking

T'other system:

A/V:

Lol... I totally fail to get 'worked up' over my feelings towards ANY 'celebrity', be it pop star, film/TV star, or whatever. So in this instance, I'll happily play Joe's 'apathy card'!

In terms of 'pop stars'/musicians, I either like their music or I don't. As long as they're not murderers, rapists or child molesters, I couldn't give a monkey's what kind of people they are, as I judge them on their MUSIC, nothing else.

So, in that respect, I HATED Oasis with a passion (and most of said 'Brit pop' shite), and for me the Gallagher's solo output since isn't much better!

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread