+ Reply to Thread
Page 829 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 3297297798198278288298308318398799291329 ... LastLast
Results 8,281 to 8,290 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

It was Geoff..

Now a golden oldie classic from 1936. Gary Cooper and Jean Arthur in Frank Capra's Mr Deeds goes to Town.

Capra got best director for it at Oscars. It was nominated for 5.

I had a crush on Jean when I was younger lol
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Emeric Pressburger and Michael Powell's 1942 One of Our Aircraft is Missing.

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post

Was that the one where the kids from the local village (and his British girlfriend) were waiting for a US airman to come to their party and his 'plane didn't make it back?

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Was that the one where the kids from the local village (and his British girlfriend) were waiting for a US airman to come to their party and his 'plane didn't make it back?

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk
    No, but I think I watched that one 3 days ago. The way to the stars. Yank refuses to bale out and plane explodes on landing. All the kids were waiting for his party tricks
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Gary.

Settling in for Lonesome Dove, been years since I’ve seen it.

4 Part 1989 TV mini-series based on the book of the same name.
    A stellar cast, Robert Duvall and Tommy Lee Jones stand out.
    One of the Finest Westerns ever made in this man’s opinion.

Basil Poledouris’ score is wonderful, big fan of his, this is amongst his best.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post

I watched 'A Matter of Life and Death' a few days ago.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Settling in for Lonesome Dove, been years since I’ve seen it.

4 Part 1989 TV mini-series based on the book of the same name.
    A stellar cast, Robert Duvall and Tommy Lee Jones stand out.
    One of the Finest Westerns ever made in this man’s opinion.

Basil Poledouris’ score is wonderful, big fan of his, this is amongst his best.
    Got some of this. It's very good
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I watched 'A Matter of Life and Death' a few days ago.
    Saw that recently too. Another great film. Possibly their most ambitious at time
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The Eagle has Landed, 1976. Directed by John Sturges and starring Michael Caine, Jenny Agutter, Donald Pleasence, Donald Sutherland, and Robert Duvall. Based on the 1975 novel The Eagle Has Landed by Jack Higgins.

Filmed in Cornwall, Oxfordshire and Berkshire.

Michael Caine had initially been excited at the prospect of working with Sturges. During shooting, Sturges told Caine that he only worked to earn enough money to go fishing. Caine wrote later in his autobiography: "The moment the picture finished he took the money and went. [Producer] Jack Wiener later told me [Sturges] never came back for the editing nor for any of the other good post-production sessions that are where a director does some of his most important work. The picture wasn't bad, but I still get angry when I think of what it could have been with the right director. We had committed the old European sin of being impressed by someone just because he came from Hollywood".
    Michael Caine was originally offered the part of Devlin but did not want to play a member of the IRA, so asked if he could have the role of Steiner. Richard Harris was in line to play Devlin but ongoing comments he had made in support of the IRA drew threats to the film's producers, so he was forced to withdraw and Donald Sutherland was given the role.

This is the ITV Studios bluray edition
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Great film that. Shame Devlin does not get his just desserts but I suppose the film is better for that.

Don't know what Michael Caine is complaining about as there's nothing wrong with it as far as I can see. Donald Pleasance isn't in it enough, that's about it.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread