+ Reply to Thread
Page 1036 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 36536936986102610341035103610371038104610861136 ... LastLast
Results 10,351 to 10,360 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Young Frankenstein, 1974. directed by Mel Brooks. It stars Gene Wilder, Teri Garr, Cloris Leachman, Marty Feldman, Madeline Kahn, Kenneth Mars, Richard Haydn, and Gene Hackman.

Pure class...
    "Walk this way", "Hump? What hump?"
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    "Walk this way", "Hump? What hump?"
    Oh. Where you going?... Oh, you men are all alike. Seven or eight quick ones and then you're out with the boys to boast and brag. YOU BETTER KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT. Oh... I think I love him.

yes, lots of great lines in this.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Back to the Future Part II, 1989. Robert Zemeckis directs...

Back to the Future Part II was also a ground-breaking project for visual effects studio Industrial Light & Magic (ILM): In addition to digital compositing, ILM used the VistaGlide motion control camera system, which allowed an actor to portray multiple characters simultaneously on-screen without sacrificing camera movement.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The 39 Steps, 1935. Directed by Alfred Hitchcock and starring Robert Donat and Madeleine Carroll. This is the region A Criterion bluray, and superb.

Since its initial release, the film has been widely acknowledged as a classic. Filmmaker and actor Orson Welles referred to it as a "masterpiece." Screenwriter Robert Towne remarked, "It's not much of an exaggeration to say that all contemporary escapist entertainment begins with The 39 Steps."
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The Dark Eyes of London, 1939. directed by Walter Summers, and starring Béla Lugosi, Hugh Williams, and Greta Gynt. The film is an adaptation of the 1924 novel of the same name by Edgar Wallace.

It was released in November 1939 in Britain, where it became the first British film to receive the "H" rating meaning "Horrific for Public Exhibition" (persons aged 16 or above will only be admitted). It was released in the United States in 1940 by Monogram Pictures under the title The Human Monster.

This is the newly released bluray, nicely remastered.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm sorted.

Still working my way through this gastronomic adventure around the world, tonight we’ve been to Sicily and just finishing the Punjab episode.

I'm Grant.

The 1966 remake of Stagecoach.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

I'm All Right Jack, 1959. directed and produced by John and Roy Boulting.

The film was a big hit, being the most popular film in Britain for the year ended 31 October 1959. It was reportedly the second most profitable British movie that year after Carry On Nurse and helped turn British Lion profitable for the year after two years of losses.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

I think it's dated to the point of being unwatchable, but I was never much for Ian Carmichael at the best of times.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I think it's dated to the point of being unwatchable, but I was never much for Ian Carmichael at the best of times.
    obviously a film of its time and up to thatcher years i guess but still has a point imo.. The Al Saxon theme tune was also released as a single, although with different lyrics. Sellers was excellent, and it had a steller british cast for the day.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread