+ Reply to Thread
Page 961 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 461861911951959960961962963971101110611461 ... LastLast
Results 9,601 to 9,610 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, 2006. Directed by Gore Verbinski.

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Just ordered 'Primal Fear' 1996 on DVD. With Richard Gere, Edward Norton and Laura Linney, tremendous courtroom thriller, with a chilling turn by Norton..

I've been wanting to see this again for a long time. (I read the William Deihl book too, that was also great)

d12 roll
    its a decent drama, but not my cuppa tbh. wasnt brilliantly filmed either. but it has suspense
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Never seen that will have to look out for it. I like a good courtroom drama. Probably due to watching 'Crown Court' when I was off school sick.
    You will never forget Edward Norton's performance.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Robbery Under Arms, 1957. Directed by Jack Lee and starring Peter Finch, David McCallum, Maureen Swanson, Ronald Lewis, Laurence Naismith and Jill Ireland.

Film did well in Australia but suffered poor reviews. Script isnt the best tbh but its an interesting film.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Frenzy, 1972.. Directed by the great Alfred Hitchcock and has a great cast. Jon Finch, Alec McCowen, and Barry Foster and features Billie Whitelaw, Anna Massey, Barbara Leigh-Hunt, Bernard Cribbins and Vivien Merchant.

Hitch back to his best here, and shot in London(mostly Covent Garden).
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Frenzy, 1972.
    "lovely, lovely, lovely" Barry Foster was a proper nut! Top movie.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Another Hitchcock now...Dial M For Murder, 1954. starring Ray Milland, Grace Kelly, Robert Cummings, Anthony Dawson, and John Williams.

The film was filmed in 3d although it crashed in that format and was hastily changed to the 2d version where it did well. John Williams as the inspector stole the film.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Blithe Spirit, 1945. Directed by David Lean. The screenplay by Lean, cinematographer Ronald Neame and associate producer Anthony Havelock-Allan is based on producer Noël Coward's 1941 play of the same name, the title of which is derived from the line "Hail to thee, blithe Spirit! Bird thou never wert" in the poem "To a Skylark" by Percy Bysshe Shelley.

Stars Kay Hammond, Rex Harrison, Constance Cummings and Margaret Rutherford.

Coward had turned down offers from Hollywood to sell the film rights, stating that previous American versions of his plays had been "vulgarized, distorted and ruined". The rights were instead sold to Cineguild, one of the independent companies supported by the Rank Organization. The film was shot in Technicolor and marked Lean's first attempt at directing comedy after working on two straight films In Which We Serve and This Happy Breed, both also written by Noël Coward. The film was shot at Denham Studios in May 1944.

Nearby houses were used for exteriors: Denham Mount (Charles' and Ruth's home) and Fairway in Cheapside (Madame Arcati's house); some filming was also done at Blacksmith's Lane. One source mentions a third location: "Condomine House, exteriors".

The play had been a major success, and Coward advised Lean not to jeopardise this with the adaptation, telling him "Just photograph it, dear boy". In spite of this, Lean made a number of changes such as adding exterior scenes, whereas the play had been set entirely in a single room, showing scenes like the car journey to Folkestone which had only been referred to in the play. Perhaps most importantly, the final scene, in which Charles dies and joins his two wives as a spirit, does not occur in the play, which ends with his leaving his house after taunting his former wives, of whom he is now free. Coward objected strenuously to this change, charging Cineguild with having ruined the best play he ever wrote.

As with most of Coward's work, Blithe Spirit is renowned for its sophisticated dialogue. During an argument with Ruth, Charles declares, "If you're trying to compile an inventory of my sex life, I feel it only fair to warn you that you've omitted several episodes. I shall consult my diary and give you a complete list after lunch." The line, considered extremely risqué by censors, was deleted from the US release
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Turning to a more grim subject now with the Classic British crime drama directed by Richard Fleischer, 10 Rillington Place. Stars Richard Attenborough, Judy Geeson, John Hurt and Pat Heywood.

The film dramatises the case of British serial killer John Christie, who committed many of his crimes in the titular London terraced house, and the miscarriage of justice involving his neighbour Timothy Evans. Hurt received a BAFTA Award nomination for Best Supporting Actor for his portrayal of Evans.
    Attenborough really got into the mind of Christie and was most convincing. Horrific yet compelling.
    Last edited by struth; 11-06-2021 at 12:45.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Turning to a more grim subject now with the Classic British crime drama directed by Richard Fleischer, 10 Rillington Place. Stars Richard Attenborough, Judy Geeson, John Hurt and Pat Heywood.

The film dramatises the case of British serial killer John Christie, who committed many of his crimes in the titular London terraced house, and the miscarriage of justice involving his neighbour Timothy Evans. Hurt received a BAFTA Award nomination for Best Supporting Actor for his portrayal of Evans.
    Attenborough really got into the mind of Christie and was most convincing. Horrific yet compelling.
    10 Rillington Place is now a memorial garden and the street rebuilt afaik.

Now, The Naked City, 1948. American film noir directed by Jules Dassin. Stars Barry Fitzgerald,Howard Duff, Dorothy Hart and Don Taylor.

Filmed on location on streets of New York in a semi documentary style. It collected 2 Academy Awards and was a big hit.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread