+ Reply to Thread
Page 826 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 3267267768168248258268278288368769261326 ... LastLast
Results 8,251 to 8,260 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

The Hunting Party. 1971. Stars Oliver Reed, Gene Hackman, Candice Bergen, Simon Oakland and Ronald Howard.

a fairly badly scripted western this considering the cast... lots of blood tho, and always nice to see Candice
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Broken Journey. 1948. Stars Phyllis Calvert and James Donald.

Not seen this for years. Its a story reused many times since of survivors of a plane crash
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Sunday's offering is the film noir classic, Kiss Me Deadly 1955. It was directed by Robert Aldrich, and starred Ralph Meeker, Albert Dekker, Paul Stewart, Juano Hernandez, and Wesley Addy.

The Kefauver Commission(This unique Los Angeles crime story suffered a troubled release in 1955 due to the Kefauver Congressional Commission, led by Senator Estes Kefauver, who issued a special condemnation of KISS ME DEADLY as immoral entertainment responsible for juvenile delinquency. Kefauver became the running mate of Democratic nominee Adlai Stevenson in the 1956 presidential election and suffered a landslide defeat against Eisenhower and Nixon.) called it a film "designed to ruin young viewers"

The film has been cited as a major influence on a number of filmmakers, including Francois Truffaut, Jean-Luc Godard, Alex Cox, and Quentin Tarantino.

This is the remastered bluray release
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Endgame (Star Trek: Voyager) 2001.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Eric the Viking, 1989.. Thought i'd watch this again.

Directed by the Late Terry Jones.. stars Tim Robbins, John Cleese, Mickey Rooney and Eartha Kitt.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Part of universal's 100 anniversary collection, this is the 50th anniversary edition of to kill a mockingbird.
    on bluray this is a treat to the eye and ear.

Directed by: Robert Mulligan in 1962 and stars Gregory Peck and Robert Duvall.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Good film, watched that a couple of months back. Perfect casting and child actors who can actually act.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Good film, watched that a couple of months back. Perfect casting and child actors who can actually act.
    one of the greats. book is best but this comes very close.
    always leaves this old dad tearful
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Forever Young, 1992. Directed by Steve Miner and starring Mel Gibson, Elijah Wood, and Jamie Lee Curtis.

Critics didnt like it much hence it did very well at the box office... what do critics know eh?
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Gary.

The Wages of Fear (1953)

In my top 5 favourite films, down at luck guys driving a truck hauling dynamite over very treacherous terrain.
    Doesn’t sound much but as always, devils in the detail.

Nailbiting stuff, not seen this in at least ten years.

William Friedkin (The French Connection, The Exorcist) did an English language remake called “The Sorceror” with Roy Sheider in 1977, but doesn’t come close to the original.
    If you like this, top tip also check out “Les Diaboliques” by the same Director.
    Last edited by Gazjam; 15-09-2020 at 20:22.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

+ Reply to Thread