+ Reply to Thread
Page 1205 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 20570511051155119512031204120512061207121512551305 ... LastLast
Results 12,041 to 12,050 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Predator, 1987... 4k bluray remaster.. pic quality is stunning

The film provided a variety of hardships for the actors, such as leeches, snakes, stifling humidity, heat, and rough terrain. All of the night scenes were filmed during freezing cold temperatures, which was especially hard on Arnold Schwarzenegger during the latter half of the film, when the mud he had to wear (actually pottery clay) became cold and wet. He was warned it would take his body temperature down a few degrees, and he shivered non-stop, even when they tried to heat him with lamps (it just made the clay dry out). He tried drinking jagertee, a schnapps mixture, to warm him, but that just got him drunk.

Jesse Ventura was delighted to find out from the wardrobe department that his arms were one inch bigger than Arnold Schwarzenegger's. He suggested to Schwarzenegger that they measure arms, with the winner getting a bottle of champagne. Ventura lost, because Schwarzenegger had told the wardrobe department to tell Ventura that his arms were bigger.

The invisibility cloaking effect was achieved with a bright red suit (because it was the farthest opposite of the green of the jungle and the blue of the sky) the size of the Predator. The red was removed with chroma key techniques, leaving an empty area. The take was then repeated without the actors using a 30% wider lens on the camera. When the two takes were combined optically, the jungle from the second take filled in the empty area. Because the second take was filmed with a wider lens, a vague outline of the alien could be seen with the background scenery bending around its shape.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Good film that, shame about the sequels.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Good film that, shame about the sequels.
    really kills in 4k lol

now an older one from 1951, My Favorite Spy...

In the original script, Peanuts is a schoolteacher who is caught impersonating a deceased gangster and is sent on a mission to Cairo.

Hedy Lamarr was reportedly disappointed that her role was not more comic. She had been looking forward to doing a Bob Hope comedy, only to find she was playing her typical "femme fatale" role.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

classic clean comedy.. not seen the fire engine scene for 50 years.. great stuff.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Rogue Male, 1976. BFI Bluray remaster...

Final movie of Alastair Sim.

This movie was based on the Geoffrey Household book "Rogue Male", published in 1939. The main protagonist and the main antagonist went unnamed in that novel. However, Household wrote a sequel--"Rogue Justice"--that was published in 1982. In that novel, the main characters' names were revealed: Raymond Ingelram and Von Lauen. The lawyer is named Saul Harding.

Published months before the UK became involved in WWII, British author Geoffrey Household never once mentions Hitler, the Nazi party, or Germany in his novel. Household said, "Although the idea for 'Rogue Male' germinated from my intense dislike of Hitler, I did not actually name him in the book as things were a bit tricky at the time.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Carry On Again Doctor, 1969... Gladstone Screwer, Dr Ernest Stoppidge, Dr Jimmy Nookey, Dr Frederick Carver, Nurse Willing and Goldie Locks aka Maud Boggins.. great names...

The stunts Jim Dale did when he was an intoxicated Nookey left him with back problems for many years later. The slide down the stairs on a medicine trolley tore a muscle in his left arm, which had to be operated on in hospital. Regardless, he refused to get a stunt double for Nookey's hammock fall, despite Peter Rogers' huge concern.

The bottles of Johnnie Walker Red Label whisky in Sid James's cupboard in the island hospital were all real. When Sid was given the script, without telling the producers he took it straight to the London office of the distillers and said he had a great idea for some product placement and if they gave him four cases of his favorite whisky (a case is 12 bottles) he would guarantee their product would be prominently seen in the new movie. On he day the scene was to be shot (with dummy bottles just marked 'Whisky') he turned up on the set with these cases and told the director, Gerald Thomas what he had done. Thomas was not amused as he did not like being usurped by any of the cast and Sid was also previously responsible for insisting on the 'Marcus et Spencius/Marks and Spencer' product placement gag in Carry on Cleo (1964), which Sid had used to clear his gambling debt. When Sid said he would not film the scene unless the bottles of Johnnie Walker were included, and was backed up by co-star in the scene, Jim Dale, Thomas contacted producer Peter Rogers for advice. Mindful of holding up filming over the dispute as well as not wanting to upset Sid James (who was popular with both the rest of the Carry On cast and the public), Thomas was told to just film the scene with the real Whisky to keep Sid happy and stop falling behind schedule. The scene was left in the final cut once a Johnnie Walker representative saw an early cut of the film and had no objections. Sid thanked Jim Dale and the props master on the day for backing him by giving them four bottles each and giving two to director Thomas and leaving two on Peter Rogers desk.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Throw Momma from the Train, 1987...

Anne Ramsey's speech impediment was caused by operations she underwent in order to treat throat cancer. During filming, Ramsey was undergoing additional oral surgery and endured intense pain. However, according to director Danny DeVito, she never requested to be excused from work. "Momma" went on to become Ramsey's most critically-lauded performance, culminating with Academy Award nomination for Best Supporting Actress in 1988.

For a time during filming, Danny DeVito was ill with flu-like symptoms. Balancing his heavy acting and directing responsibilities, and not taking time off, he said two things helped him get through those difficult days: cigarettes and chocolate.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Carry On Again Doctor, 1969... Gladstone Screwer, Dr Ernest Stoppidge, Dr Jimmy Nookey, Dr Frederick Carver, Nurse Willing and Goldie Locks aka Maud Boggins.. great names...

The stunts Jim Dale did when he was an intoxicated Nookey left him with back problems for many years later. The slide down the stairs on a medicine trolley tore a muscle in his left arm, which had to be operated on in hospital. Regardless, he refused to get a stunt double for Nookey's hammock fall, despite Peter Rogers' huge concern.

The bottles of Johnnie Walker Red Label whisky in Sid James's cupboard in the island hospital were all real. When Sid was given the script, without telling the producers he took it straight to the London office of the distillers and said he had a great idea for some product placement and if they gave him four cases of his favorite whisky (a case is 12 bottles) he would guarantee their product would be prominently seen in the new movie. On he day the scene was to be shot (with dummy bottles just marked 'Whisky') he turned up on the set with these cases and told the director, Gerald Thomas what he had done. Thomas was not amused as he did not like being usurped by any of the cast and Sid was also previously responsible for insisting on the 'Marcus et Spencius/Marks and Spencer' product placement gag in Carry on Cleo (1964), which Sid had used to clear his gambling debt. When Sid said he would not film the scene unless the bottles of Johnnie Walker were included, and was backed up by co-star in the scene, Jim Dale, Thomas contacted producer Peter Rogers for advice. Mindful of holding up filming over the dispute as well as not wanting to upset Sid James (who was popular with both the rest of the Carry On cast and the public), Thomas was told to just film the scene with the real Whisky to keep Sid happy and stop falling behind schedule. The scene was left in the final cut once a Johnnie Walker representative saw an early cut of the film and had no objections. Sid thanked Jim Dale and the props master on the day for backing him by giving them four bottles each and giving two to director Thomas and leaving two on Peter Rogers desk.
    he was a character Sid James, never missed a trick. He designed and built his own house just down the road from Pinewood Studios so he could nip home for lunch.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    he was a character Sid James, never missed a trick. He designed and built his own house just down the road from Pinewood Studios so he could nip home for lunch.
    aye and kept 3 cases for himself
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The Silver Streak, 1976...

Originally meant to be filmed in the United States. However, the National Rail Passenger Corporation (Amtrak) was fearful of adverse publicity, and refused to cooperate. As a result, the producers were forced to work with the Canadian Pacific Railway, using thinly disguised CPRail equipment and shooting exteriors along the CP Rail right-of-way.

Richard Pryor wrote the dialogue for the scene where Grover (Richard Pryor) puts the shoe polish on George's (Gene Wilder's) face to make him appear to be black. When it was first filmed, the scene was changed so that a white man walked in and believed George was black. Richard Pryor was uncomfortable with the scene, and felt it would be funnier if it was done as he wrote it, a black man walked in and is not fooled at all. Pryor asked Arthur Hiller for a re-shoot, but Hiller refused. Pryor walked off the set and refused to return to filming until the scene was changed. Hiller relented and Pryor's idea was used for the final cut.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread