+ Reply to Thread
Page 1204 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 20470411041154119412021203120412051206121412541304 ... LastLast
Results 12,031 to 12,040 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Crossed Swords, 1977
    I don't recall that one at all.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I don't recall that one at all.
    That was it's USA title. Over here it was The Prince And The Pauper. This is a USA Blu-ray(reg a)
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The Ghost and Mrs. Muir, 1947....Stars Gene Tierney, Rex Harrison and George Sanders.

Despite being set in London and on the English Coast and having mostly English actors and actresses, this movie was shot entirely in California and along the central Pacific coastline.

The word "muir" means "sea" in Scots Gaelic. Many times sailors are said to have been "married" to the sea, or that the only woman they ever loved was the sea.

This was one of Twentieth Century Fox's biggest box-office hits of 1947, and was ranked tenth amongst the year's top grossers.

This film has a 100% rating based on 17 critic reviews on Rotten Tomatoes.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Mrs. Miniver, 1942...After first-choice Norma Shearer rejected the title role (as she refused to play a mother), Greer Garson was cast. Although she didn't want the part either, she was contractually bound to take it and won the Academy Award for her performance.

In real life, shortly after shooting was completed, Greer Garson married Richard Ney, who plays her son, Vin, in the film.

Winston Churchill has been credited with saying Mrs. Miniver did more for the war effort than a flotilla of battle ships

The Vicar's final rousing speech was printed in magazines like "Time" and "Look". President Franklin D. Roosevelt ordered that it be broadcast on the Voice of America, and copies of it were dropped over Europe as propaganda. This speech has come to be known as The Wilcoxon Speech, in tribute to actor Henry Wilcoxon's stirring delivery of it.
    Last edited by struth; 04-07-2022 at 11:52.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Carry on Cleo, 1964.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

To Catch a Thief, 1955...

John Robie mentions that, as a youth, he was in a trapeze group that traveled around Europe. In reality, Cary Grant was in an acrobatic troupe that toured around Europe--and eventually brought him to America--when he was young.

Director Sir Alfred Hitchcock asked if chase scenes could be filmed from a helicopter, which required some ingenuity, as camera mounts did not exist for this purpose at the time. Using a Sikorsky S-51, UK registered G-AJOV, a former BEA airframe, the side door was removed, and the camera jerry-rigged with ropes, wires, and cables. These shots were done in July 1954, according to a "Making of" short documentary included in the DVD release

Of all the films Sir Alfred Hitchcock made for Paramount Pictures, this is the only one the studio retained the rights to. All the other films, including Rear Window (1954), Vertigo (1958), and Psycho (1960), were sold back to the director himself and later sold in turn by his daughter, Patricia Hitchcock O'Connell, to Universal in 1983, three years after his passing.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Dynasties season 2, 2022..

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Starman, 1984.... rewatch this.. quite a good film. voyager 2 says come and visit planet earth... forgot to say they would then hut you down and either experiment on you or just kill you

Actor Jeff Bridges studied ornithology and the behavior of birds to prepare for his role as an alien in human form for this movie. Bridges particularly used the sudden jerky head movements, amongst other nuances and mannerisms, of birds for his Starman character. Bridges figured that the alien would not have human characteristics and, being encased in a human body, would act with base primitive animal instincts.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Death on the Nile, 2022.

Principal photography began on September 30, 2019, at Longcross Studios in Surrey, England. The film was supposed to be filmed in Morocco instead of Egypt, but filming took place only in England.

A boat was recreated, as well as the Temple of Abu Simbel. The Tiffany Yellow Diamond was used for the film. Shooting lasted until December 18, 2019.
    Post-production
    Úna Ní Dhonghaíle served as the editor for Death on the Nile. Double Negative (DNEG) provided the visual effects for the film, with Academy Award-winning special effects artist George Murphy as the overall visual effects supervisor. Additional VFX were provided by Lola VFX and Raynault VFX.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The Lone Ranger, 2013... Mocked and derided by most, I love it. A good film of type.

In an interview, Johnny Depp thanked his stunt horse, Scout, for saving his life after a violent fall during filming. After Scout dragged Depp 25 feet, Scout jumped over him to avoid stepping on him. A clip of the fall shows the horse clearly jumping over Depp, and detaching him from the saddle. Depp suffered only minor bruises and scrapes, but says it could have been a lot worse if the horse had stepped on him.

Todd McDaniels, a linguist at the Comanche Nation College, commented favorably on Johnny Depp's attempts to speak Comanche, a language with 23 to 30 living native speakers. "The words were there, the pronunciation was shaky, but adequate."

During the opening sequence of the bank robbery, the music in the background is the William Tell Overture, by Gioachino Rossini, which is later played extensively in the film's climax. It was the musical cue used in the original radio show and later films, particularly for intense sequences. It became so popular that most people know it only as the "Lone Ranger" theme.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread